Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Invalid url error message

AccurateWeb

Total Posts:  4

All right. I’ve tried this a hundred times and I can’t get it to work. I’ve deleted and re-uploaded the files I don’t know how many times. I’m really frustrated.

I get to the configuration page, I enter all the information correctly, and it returns an error like this: Url “http://accuratewebhost.com:80/magento/” is invalid

I’m a HostGator reseller so I contacted HostGator to verify the port numbers and they told me 80 should be OK but I can try 8080. Doesn’t matter. I get the same invalid url error no matter what port number I put in.

I’ve done some searching for someone with a similar problem but I didn’t come up with anything.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Samson

Total Posts:  11

Hi,
I got this error several times when attempting to install Magento.
The .htaccess used by Magento wasn’t compatible with my Apache server configuration so I had to comment one line.
The Apache error log helped me to locate the bad command.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AccurateWeb

Right. Here’s the error message. It was repeated over & over again. I don’t know what it means other than it has to do with PHP.

[05-Nov-2007 00:52:20] PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429//etc/ixed/ixed.4.4.lin’-/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429//etc/ixed/ixed.4.4.lin: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Until installation is more user friendly I’m going to have to stay away from this program. I was really hyped about it too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

That looks to me like a httpd.conf configuration error on HostGator.

You probably want to contact them and let them know about the error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AccurateWeb

OK. I found out why I kept getting the invalid url message.

It had nothing to do with Magento not working right. It had everything to do with the available space I had on my server. Once I upped that, Magento worked like a charm. Although it did say my secure port was wrong but as soon as I entered port 80 it worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community