Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help: A linguistic project

grendel

Total Posts:  2

Hello everyone,

I’m an MA student at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland, and in order to finish writing my MA thesis, I’m going to need some help from speakers of Australian, New Zealand and South African English.
My MA project includes some research on the vowel systems of the above varieties of English, and for that I need samples of authentic, natural speech.
Unfortunately, I don’t have any money to pay you for your help, but your input into linguistic studies will be highly appreciated.

Now, all I want you to do is make a recording (preferably in .mp3) of yourself reading a short text which I’m going to send you.
After that, you would send me a copy of your recording (directly via e-mail or by uploading the file e.g. to rapidshare.com...).

I would also need some information such as your age, education and possibly region (e.g. New South Wales, Australia; Northern Cape, South Africa; Wellington, New Zealand etc.), as accents differ according to these factors.
However, you don’t have to give me your exact address or any minute details, etc… In the study, you will be referred to simply as “Speaker 5”, and so on…

To conclude, if you’re a speaker (or know any speakers) of Australian English, New Zealand English or South African English and would like to help me out – please, let me know!
I need at least 30 recordings in total before my research is considered “valid”.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

grendel

Total Posts:  2

It’s me again… I’m still lacking Aussie recordings, so if you can share your voice with me, please help…
You’ll find everything I need here: http://rapidshare.com/files/166693260/ma_project-package1.zip
Dealing with the recordings and the questionnaire should take you no more than 5 minutes (I know this, ‘cause I’ve already got a couple of packages from S.Africa, and these good people said they had spent less than 5 minutes on this). I’m not kidding, your 5 minutes can literally change my whole life! smile
Thanks.
PS.
you can always reach me at: gkrawczyk6 at gmail.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community