Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Login button “dead” in IE7

jok

Total Posts:  6

Hi there
I don’t know if this is strictly related to 1.1.8 which I have installed, but when using IE7 it is impossible to log in to a user account from the top menu. The button seems comletely “dead”.

With Firefox it works perfectly.

Strange ting is that if you are buying an item and proceeding to checkout, you CAN log in when prompted there.

Help needed urgently.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jok

Total Posts:  6

My colleague Michael Svendsen has analysed an described the above mentioned problem further:

Hi,

Don’t know what category I should post my issue in, hope the chosen one is okay after all grin

After upgrading from version 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 we have noticed some issues with some of our buttons.
We have replaced all image buttons with HTML/CSS ones, which worked like a charm in earlier versions of Magento.

After latest upgrade all buttons works in Firefox. However, in IE6/7 only image buttons (and buttons with onclick-parameter) is working. I think that this may be a little bug in your MVC framework..

Example of search-button in the mini-search form:

HTML/CSS-only: (only works in Firefox)
<button class="form-button"><span><?php echo $this->__('Search') ?></span></button>

IMAGE version: (works in both Firefox and IE)
<input type="image" src="<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl('images/btn_go.gif') ?>” alt="<?php echo $this->__('Go') ?>"/>

In earlier versions of Magentoo both versions worked in Firefox AND IE. Now the HTML/CSS version only works in Firefox :-(

Hope you have an idea what could be wrong/missing.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Cheers,
Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

RPGShop

Total Posts:  143

I’ve noticed some odd clicking behavior too… For example I can create an order now without first going tot he customer cause I can’t select a customer under ADD ORDER screen. There are other places like the upload image browse button too that don’t work right in one browser or the other. I’ve found though that some work in IE and some in Firefox and visversa....

Was anything done in the last two versions that tweaked the css for the submitt buttons?

James
RPGShop.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community