Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Printing Shipping Labels directly from the Magento Admin

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

I cant believe there isn’t a way to export orders to print them out.  How does anyone actually fulfill orders with this shopping cart? 

If you get more than 10 orders a day, its almost impossible to do it all manually.  you need to get the csv and print all together.  I suppose the attributes would make it tricky and multiple products.  but that can be solved by adding attributes to a single column separated dashes and extra products can be included by adding say 50 columns for products and only filling in the amount of products in the order.

bingo!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mspanish

Total Posts:  15

As many people have already suggested, integration with Endicia would be really welcome - it’s a fantastic shipping app.  osCommerce has a few different integrations for this.  There’s also a free app called Snappy Ship that’s been promised for a long time but hasn’t been released yet…

Magento Community
Magento Community

United Media Associates

Total Posts:  48

I was able to get Galaxy Ship to connect to a Magento database using the MySQL ODBC connector and using a SQL view I setup to list all the relevant information needed for processing a shipping label.

Shipping SQL View
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/207/fedex_-_shipping_view

During my research and getting this to work with Galaxy Ship I found out that the newer versions of the MySQL ODBC Connector seem to have some kind of problem with Galaxy Ship, and you must use an orders version of the connector. Version 3.51.12 was the suggestion I read on one forum.

You can download the older version from MySQL’s Archives:
http://downloads.mysql.com/archives.php?p=mysql-connector-odbc-3.51&v;=3.51.12

It would be best to have the connection to the MySQL server established across a VPN or some other secure connection.

Magento Community
Magento Community

United Media Associates

If you want to use FedEx Ship Manager for shipping products you might checkout my guide to setting it up to connect to Magento:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/207/fedex_ship_manager_configuration

Magento Community
Magento Community

boom

Total Posts:  12

very interested in Endicia integration.

Boom

Magento Community
Magento Community

United Media Associates

Check out the (Shipping Integration) Group
http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/view/207/shipping-integration

I’ve tried to organize everything here so that as solutions change or improve they are all in one place.

Matt (mjohnsonperl)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mootrealm

Total Posts:  150
San Francisco, CA

Endicia

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

Anyone working on packing slips with integrated labels?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

Original post, yes!

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeiWM

Total Posts:  1

Hey - We’ve also got a store with many small orders - how on earth can we automate printing address labels? It’s killing us! grin
Surely this is the next important step after taking the customers money? Using copy/paste isn’t a solution - it’s a workaround. If anyone has some light on this topic, please drop me a line.
Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mortall

Total Posts:  8

One change was made in this wiki script, because it didn’t make the spaces between words before properly.

Made change from : $outx=array(’’,’’,’’);

changed to: $outx=array(’’,’’,’%20’);

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/print_labels

Magento Community
Magento Community

lindseymurray82

Total Posts:  2

Hi Everyone,

I just successfully integrated USPS’s shipping label module into the admin for my client grin . Only minor modifications to one file within the admin and uploading of another file I wrote. I had been searching the boards for a while on this before giving up and writing it myself, but am not sure if this is considered easy (hence, the lack of documentation on the boards). If anyone is interested in my code, let me know and I can post it here to share!

Functionality goes as follows: In the order view page, there is a “Print Shipping Label” link, and once it’s clicked on, it generates the printable label (whatever format you want) in a new window.

Phew!

Lindsey

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

I’m working on something which is another level up from what’s discussed here. Rather than generating a PDF, opening it and clicking Print, selecting the right printer and then print… I need to print barcode labels directly, without human interference.

I’ve ordered a network label printer and will make a little module which can talk straight from the webserver to our office WAN IP on a port which the router will forward to the right printer.

You then either don’t have to click anything (it’s done when the order is processed) or just click one button once. No opening PDFs, no clicking File > Print, no waiting. The label printer just spits it out without client-side action required.

In a month or so, I’ll let you know how it’s going.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ZwaZo

Total Posts:  22

mortall - 07 January 2010 01:30 AM

One change was made in this wiki script, because it didn’t make the spaces between words before properly.

Made change from : $outx=array(’’,’’,’’);

changed to: $outx=array(’’,’’,’%20’);

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/print_labels

I have started to add some translations for the accentuated caracters as well in the CMS code:

str=str.replace(/%20/g,' ');
str=str.replace(/%20/g,' ');
str=str.replace(/ô/g,'ô');
str=str.replace(/é/g,'é');
str=str.replace(/è/g,'è');
str=str.replace(/â/g,'â');
str=str.replace(/'/g,'-');

(The list still has to be completed)

cheers,

Magento Community
Magento Community

burcham

Total Posts:  5
Nashville, TN

lindseymurray82 - 20 January 2010 07:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just successfully integrated USPS’s shipping label module into the admin for my client grin . Only minor modifications to one file within the admin and uploading of another file I wrote. I had been searching the boards for a while on this before giving up and writing it myself, but am not sure if this is considered easy (hence, the lack of documentation on the boards). If anyone is interested in my code, let me know and I can post it here to share!

Functionality goes as follows: In the order view page, there is a “Print Shipping Label” link, and once it’s clicked on, it generates the printable label (whatever format you want) in a new window.

Phew!

Lindsey

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4