Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Printing Shipping Labels directly from the Magento Admin

rvelton

Total Posts:  82

I could not find this feature or any text on this topic. Is this a planned feature for the future? I have a homemade app with my current ecommerce system and use the label printing function a lot. I was hoping this would be included at the initial release.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Administrator

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

This is currently not planned for the initial production release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rvelton

Total Posts:  82

DOH!

Any idea on a timeline. (the million dollar question, I know. smile)

Magento Community
Magento Community

DailyLunatic

Total Posts:  39
Oklahoma City, OK

Just curious, how do others handle this situation.  Copy/Past? Export to a third party order management system?  What? Wasn’t expecting this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brushwoodnursery

Total Posts:  23
Philly,PA USA

I use a query to export from my osC database and import it into WorldShip and Stamps.(tld). But my orders all batch. I weekly, not order by order. I’d love to see a solid integration with WorldShip but it isn’t necessary. Hey, an order export by status would be pretty sweet. Squirt the output file right into worldship. Maybe make a configurable order export feature for other shippers. Something to do that’s easier than live connection.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mr_dimsum

Total Posts:  35

This is a good suggestion.

I’ve basically copied and pasted mine out for quite some time but have considered outsourcing custom sticker label invoice paper that basically has a sticker label cutout in the bottom corner or something. Haven’t played around with Magento enough, but if there is customization options for the invoice, than I can get this to work.

It’d be interesting to somehow process a batch label printout option as well that is compatible with certain SKU’s from Avery, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cloud 9 Media

Total Posts:  5

Yes, please be sure to implement this into Magento. This is very important. Or at least support to use a service like Endicia.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jqs08

Total Posts:  8

I would love to see this featuer being added to Magento, especially Fedex.  We’re currently using Oscommerce with Fedex shipping label printing contribution added.  It is a life safer for us.  With just a few clicks the label is printed. 

We also use Endicia for USPS shipping labels.  I find it is quite easy to just copy/paste the shipping address from invoice to Endicia.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evdat

Carthage, MO

I’ve worked with FedEx Ship Manager integrating it with an order management system… and i’m thinking it might be possible to plug it into Magento… i’ll have to take a look at what’s involved.

I’ve also worked with batching labels with FedEx using their Ship Manager product for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground services, as well as batching using FedEx SmartPost.

I know FedEx just recently did a lot of enhancements to their website for online shipment creation, and I’m wondering what would be involved in integrating with it.

I’ll bring it up with my contacts at FedEx and see what kind of ideas they have.

Magento Community
Magento Community

evdat

Carthage, MO

I also downloaded Endicia, and I’m going to work on getting it setup to pull order information directly from the MySQL database that Magento is using.

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

full integration with ups worldship would be an amazing breakthrough, really any way to ship direct from the cart or have world ship pull info from the cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hey All,

URL: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6529/P15/

Looking to apply UPS negotiated rates via Shipping process by possibly integrating Worldship with Magento.

All thoughts and involvement would be embraced.

Thanks,
Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mootrealm

Total Posts:  150
San Francisco, CA

I am interested in Endicia support if you are still working on it. I can’t believe we haven’t seen any shipping solutions yet, as it is a gapping whole in the workflow. I don’t expect Magento to build this functionality into the core because there are just too many options.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gadgetplay

Total Posts:  30
Basingstoke, UK

What most ecommerce providers have is the ability to print a packing slip where the label part is on the bottom of the page.

Therefore you need special AVERY A4 sheets which have a label part on the sheet for the label.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tims300

Total Posts:  1

this is really important feature… we ship a lot of small orders per day, and if we have to copy and paste out every shipping label, it’s really going to add a lot of time.  please consider making this a priority.

we currently use oscommerce (and hate it), but the one feature we like is a hack that allows us to print out USPS Shipping labels directly from the USPS web site by pre-populating all the fields.  saves us tons of time.

i’m seriously considering switching to magento, but this feature may hold me back.

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

We also use a combined shipping / invoice / returns label with two sticky labels at the top. This saves so much on the order processing so that the orders can be processed in a batch into a single pdf file along with a picking list and emailed to the mailing house for printing onto the labels. I tried to see how the current system in Magento would work but it seemed that it would take 10 times as long. So this is definitely on my list.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4