Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How does “Refund” work in Magento? 

zhlmmc

Total Posts:  60

Assuming I’m using Authorize.NET

If I cancel an order, will the payment transaction be voided or refund automatically in Authorize.NET?
If I do “Credit Memo” in magento admin console, will the refund information go to Authorize.NET automatially?

Thanks!

Hailong

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

IrwinMFletcher

Total Posts:  32

Tremendous question!  Still can’t find any answers on this subject myself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

point4design

Total Posts:  104

Does anyone have an answer to these questions? I need to know how to refund through magento and have it refunded through authorize.net.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptor Commerce (Matt)

Total Posts:  49

No ... the best way to handle this situation is to take an authorization at the point of order. If you need to cancel the order before it’s shipped you can release the funds manually. Regarding refunds again there is no integration with the PSPs, you need to manually issue a refund. A credit note is just that ... it stays on the users account and can be redeemed against later purchases.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community