Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade to latest version - Magento Connect now a 404 error page

James_Harris90

Total Posts:  3

I have upgraded my Magento Site from version 1.4.1.1 to the latest version. I used the Magento Connect Manager using the command magento-core/Mage_All_Latest.

After the upgrade the website did not display correctly, after reading a few similar problems on the forums I had to reset the permissions of the index.php file to 755. Did this and all looked well. I logged into my admin page and it was still on version 1.4.1.1. I flushed the Magento Cache through the Cache Storage Management and reset my Cache in Safari - to no avail.

I then went to access the Magento Connect Manager to see if it had any install errors but I now get a 404 Error page instead of the Magento Connect Manager Page.

I have reset the permissions on all the files (and the folder) for the Downloader Folder. But this has not fixed it.

And to top it off I am still running version 1.4.1.1 and not the latest 1.6 or even 1.5?

I do not have access to SSH

Please Help?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

You may just need to set the permissions on the connect manager

try the cleanup tool

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/resetting_file_permissions

see this bit:

If you do not have access to SSH:

Download Magento Cleanup Tool
Unzip magento-cleanup.php to the root directory where Magento is installed.
Browse to http://yourdomain.com/magento/magento-cleanup.php

Magento Community
Magento Community

James_Harris90

Total Posts:  3

Thats great, I can now access Magento Connect, however I am still running version 1.4.1.1?

I assumed that by running the Mage_All_Latest command in Magento Connect that this would update my version of Magento? Is that not correct?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sheba2

Total Posts:  111
United States

I am having the same issue, tried these steps but still get the 404 page when I select Magento Connect Manager.

magento-cleanup.php is in my public_html (root), I tried 2 ways both unsuccessful

A
1.  Download Magento Cleanup Tool

2.  Unzip magento-cleanup.php to the root directory where Magento is installed.

3.  Browse to http://74.54.50.4/~aug30sf/public_html/magento-cleanup.php
::  meaning I copied this to my browser, press enter, got 404 error

B.  - using SSH
Here’s how to reset your file and directory permissions if PHP is running through FastCGI, suPHP, or LSAPI:

find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \\;
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \\;
chmod 550 pear <== get error no file or directory exist
chmod 550 mage #for magento 1.5+

Help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community