Magento Forum

100% discount trouble - after completing the order - the invoice total is set to - <tax amount>

getnoticed_nl

Total Posts:  6

Hi All,

We have a Magento Webshop 1.4.2. We created a action product which can be bought with a GroupOn voucher.

We managed to automatically create shopping cart rules for all the voucher and this works great.

The Shopping Cart rules:
- For all product which are set as a action product give a 100% discount (discount is also being calculated including shipping cost)

[by the way - we don’t have shipping cost so they will be zero]

After submitting the GroupOn voucher the total amount to pay is 0,00
Tax is zero - everything is set to zero

The last button on the one-page-checkout is the button to submit a zero amount order. By pressing this button the order is completed and ready to send.

When I check the admin of Magento I will see this order BUT the grant total is set to -2.87 (this is the tax amound of the action product).

The customer also get’s an automated invoive which says the grant total is -2,87. This should indicate that the customer get’s 2,87 refund.

Why is this happening, and more important how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

getnoticed_nl

Total Posts:  6

Found it allready.

Sometimes you just have to do something else for a while to really see where it is going wrong.

For all Magento user who might have the same challenge:

There are a few setting that make sure you really have a 100% discount, on every page of the one-page-checkout

1. Menu - System - Configuration
Tax - Calculation Settings :: Apply Discount on price. Set this to Including Tax.

2. Menu - System - Configuration
Tax - Calculation Settings :: Apply Tax On. Set this to custom price if available.

When you only set this, it works fine until the last step just before you have to click to pay your order. At this point the Grand Total is only the Tax from the original price.

For this to work properly there is just a little minor thing you have to set:

3. Menu - System - Configuration
Sales - Checkout Totals Sort Order :: Make sure that Discount is set to the single highest number before Grant Total (I myself set it to 60)

If you ask me this sounds like a bug because the standard value should work (19% tax on a product of 0 euro, in my opinion is still 0 euro tax)

But this works for me, so I hope I can help somebody with this information. Next week we are going to upgrade to 1.6. I will let everybody now if it still works this way.

Greetz.

Randy

Magento Community
Magento Community

m_reichenbach

Total Posts:  2

getnoticed_nl - 25 August 2011 09:41 AM

For this to work properly there is just a little minor thing you have to set:

3. Menu - System - Configuration
Sales - Checkout Totals Sort Order :: Make sure that Discount is set to the single highest number before Grant Total (I myself set it to 60)

Thanks Randy! You saved my day grin

But I had to fix the following bug in Magento (1.4.1.1) to make it work: http://www.lyth.de/magento-gutscheine-fur-vollstandig-kostenlose-produkte/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community