Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Invalid package.xml format…??? 

usbswiper

Total Posts:  5

I’ve got a new module that I’m trying to package and put into Magento Connect.

I used the admin panel to package the module and I can successfully install and uninstall it no problem via Magento Connect direct.  Now I’m trying to officially add it to Magento Connect but I’m running into this invalid package.xml format error and I can’t seem to figure it out.

I’ve searched the forum and others seem to get it working by using different browsers...which seems odd...but I’m not having any luck no matter what browser I use.

I’ve attached the module I’m trying to add here.  Any information on what I’m doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

branko_ajzele

Total Posts:  35
Croatia

Are you possibly using “magento-community” for “Channel” value?

If so, try putting just “community”, helped me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

usbswiper

Total Posts:  5

Interesting...I thought I had posted an update to this thread but apparently it didn’t take.

Almost right after I posted this message I realized the name in my package.xml didn’t match the name I had given when I created the extension page in MagentoConnect.  After updating that it solved my issue.

Would be nice if it would return a better error message.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community