Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“No valid data sent” error when trying to export products after 1.6 upgrade
 
JoshM
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  17
Joined:  2011-05-09
 

I upgraded my store from 1.5.1.0 to 1.6.0.0 by copying the new 1.6.0.0 files onto my server and then copying over the files I had personally changed from my 1.5.1.0 installation on top of the new files, and it seemed to be a successful install thus far (after setting file permissions, etc.) until I came across this error.  Whenever I try to export products via the newer Export functionality, I get returned to the Export page with an error message that simply says “No valid data sent”.

I can, however, still export products via Dataflow successfully.

I have no idea what could be causing this error that I did not have on 1.5.1.0.  Does anyone have any ideas or is anyone experiencing something similar?

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
anthonytoner
Jr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  1
Joined:  2011-01-22
Munich, Germany
 

I received this same error, but with EE 1.11.  I added a configurable product with 3 associated products then attempt to use the Export->CSV using the new ImportExport module and no matter what I do, I received the “No valid data sent” error.  I have tried both with and without filters, rebuilding indexes—everything I can think of—yet I still receive this error.  I was attempting to do this so that I could see the resulting CSV structure/format so that I could apply this format for the input CSV file, but now I am questioning whether this module is even usable in a production environment.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
SemExpert
Jr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  6
Joined:  2009-09-17
 

I had the same error on a fresh 1.6.0.0 install with sample data.

Turns out it’s a magento bug in app/code/core/Mage/ImportExport/Model/Export/Entity/Product.php line 856

Simply wrap the foreach statement in an if:

if (!empty($rowMultiselects[$productId])) {
  
foreach($rowMultiselects[$productId] as $attributes{
    $additionalRowsCount 
max($additionalRowsCountcount($attributes));
  
}
}
 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
ucfjoey
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  2
Joined:  2011-07-12
 

I tried the above fix but I am still unable to export. I was able to export just fine a few days ago. I have not upgraded my version of Magento, I just modified some data. Any suggestions? I am running version 1.61

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
stevenwonghk
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  1
Joined:  2012-04-12
 

I have the same problem with Enterprise version + sample data when debug mode is turned on.

I finally revert the change in the following URL before I can export the project data.

http://www.blog.magepsycho.com/configuring-magento-for-development-debug-mode/

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
iguru
Guru
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  331
Joined:  2007-11-01
Děčín, Czech Republic
 

Bug is in data. If you have more then 1 associate product in cross-sels, up-sells or related product, the new export not working hmmm

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
iguru
Guru
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  331
Joined:  2007-11-01
Děčín, Czech Republic
 

If you create manual association in csv file, import is working fine.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Shirokovskiy
Jr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  28
Joined:  2010-10-21
Russian Federation
 

This is simple to fix.

Open

/app/code/core/Mage/ImportExport/Model/Export/Entity/Product.php

find method _updateDataWithCategoryColumns

now look at Magento2 at GitHub (same method)

/app/code/Mage/ImportExport/Model/Export/Entity/Product.php

find differences, fix, enjoy. wink

P.S.
If you have any error, this is good to turn on Log files.

System / Configuration / Developer - Log Settings set On

then (after error happens) look at /var/log/exceptions.log

It helps to understand where is the problem smile

P.P.S.

By default _delimiter (,) & _enclosure (") you can see in

/app/code/core/Mage/ImportExport/Model/Export/Adapter/Csv.php

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top