Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image “File was not uploaded”

snowbig

Total Posts:  10

I am having issues with a new install of Magento.  I have set the media folder permissions to 777. I have tried both in firefox and in ie.

Whenever I try to upload an image via the product page, I am unable to do so.  I have attached a screenshot.

Any ideas of how to resolve this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magentohostinfo

Total Posts:  20

See if this thread helps: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/242982/

Magento Community
Magento Community

damarko

Total Posts:  1

Same error with 1.8.0.0 and PHP 5.3.27.

I did an uninstall of PHP 5.3.27 and installed the supported PHP 5.3.24.

Now it works!  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

If you get this error, turn on Exception/System log in the admin panel and check the logs files under var/logs. It should contain more information about the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

It is difficult to say without the investigation. It should be looked through carefully in order to find out th ereason of the issue. If you need any help, please, contact our support [at] gomage.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community