Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mulitple Attributes within a set for a product

ecurtin

Total Posts:  48

Hi there,

I have a product issue that I would like an opinion on…

We sell ‘item a’ and you need to be able to choose between ‘red’ or ‘blue’ on the product page (easy enough). BUT the red ones are a different price to the blue ones. I need to be able to add tiered pricing to the red and the blue ones. For example, if you buy 2 or more red ones then it is £10 each, if you buy 2 or more blue ones then it is £11 each. Is this possible?

Will the above also keep track of stock for both the red item a and the blue item a?

Also, my item a, needs to be sorted in the left hand menu by manufacturer. BUT item a is both a sony and a philips (for example) so I need it to have 2 attributes in the same set. This means that if I filter by sony, it appears AND if I filter by phillips. Is this possible?

Is it best to use a configurable product for this or a simple product with custom options?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ecurtin

Total Posts:  48

Any ideas on this pretty please?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community