Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Please Help! Total novice is trying to create a database dump in phpMyAdmin

Jacob.R

Total Posts:  32
London

This is taken from another post.
“If you have SSH access, you can easily create a database dump using the ‘mysqldump’ utility:”

mysqldump -u mysql_username -p magento_database_name magento-db-backup.sql

Now, you will have a complete backup of your ‘magento_database_name’ database in magento-db-backup.sql. To import the backup into a new database, you can use this command:

mysql -u mysql_username -p new_database_name magento-db-backup.sql

To make a copy of your existing store, you can first create a tar archive of all your files, then extract this into a new location.

Make archivetar -zcf full-backup.tar.gz magento_dir
Where 
'magento_dir' is the full path to your Magento root directory.

Extracttar -zxf full-backup.tar.gz
This will extract the content of fullbackup
.tar.gz into the current directory.

“The last step is to edit the app/etc/local.xml to reflect the login credentials of your new database.”

PS: “this short tutorial is very brief, but should provide some guidance as to how to create a clone of your Magento store.”

Me:
I really don’t understand the code or what I am meant to do with it tongue rolleye

So, in Myadmin I have gone to the EXPORT tab and am now wondering about the settings seen in image, are they correct?

Image Attachments
data-dump.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community