Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Editions

rackman

Total Posts:  3

This is perhaps a silly question, I don’t quite get the Magento Edition structure. For Example is the Enterprise Edition for Developers who are then free to develop as many sites as they like for the 12k+ annual fee?

What would you recommend for someone looking to develop one ecommerce site for a small brand? Having an annual fee seems excessive for a one off store but then I’m perhaps not quite understanding how this all works.

Is the Magento Community edition accepted by the leading payment gateways and merchant banks?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

rackman - 22 August 2011 07:03 AM

This is perhaps a silly question, I don’t quite get the Magento Edition structure. For Example is the Enterprise Edition for Developers who are then free to develop as many sites as they like for the 12k+ annual fee?

What would you recommend for someone looking to develop one ecommerce site for a small brand? Having an annual fee seems excessive for a one off store but then I’m perhaps not quite understanding how this all works.

Is the Magento Community edition accepted by the leading payment gateways and merchant banks?

Thanks

No, each production server (base files) cost $12,995 per year. So essentially, 1 site = $12,995.

I would start out with the community edition. You should learn Magento or hire someone that knows Magento before developing your ecommerce site. While Professional/Enterprise have some amazing features, your ecommerce plan may not justify the additional cost..

Yes it is accepted.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community