Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Best speed boost & product import/export extensions? 

michael11

Total Posts:  35

There many extensions ranging from free to several hundred dollars that claim to boost the speed of Magento, I was wondering which one users prefer for 1.5.1+ and why?

We are also looking for a way to edit single attributes across all of our products and the straight forward way of exporting the .csv, changing all attributes in SKU column for example, then importing the saved .csv doesn\\\’t actually update anything and we receive several errors during the import for either no images found if we use the full export .csv, or errors for missing fields if we try to only import a few columns.

So we are looking for the best extension that will allow us to quickly mass edit products, however there are many of these as well and the more popular ones seem to have more negative reviews.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

testuser12

Total Posts:  13

This is the same for me.

I have a shop running 1.4.2 and 1.5.1

both shops i want to update to 1.6 (unlucky so far) so any help will be appreciated.

And I also need to export both shops and import (unlock so far) also.

Any help will be appreciated.

(SSH won’t work for me).

Magento Community
Magento Community

jammin

Total Posts:  12

I recently had Site Optimizer installed on one my sites. It worked as advertised. I got that one because it seemed like the best and the results are as advertised.

As for product import scripts, I have never used an off the shelf one. One of my guys coded a custom one and it is not very fast.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

There are series of articles from our company intended for performance increasing of the Magento based stores:
Magento Software Requirements;
Recommended Magento Server Configuration;
Optimizing Magento server for performance;
Using APC to speed up Magento

You can speed up the performance of your Magento with AITOC Magento Booster extension

This extension fully caches the pages and, without initializing Magento, provides your visitors with ready output that takes significantly less time to load. It also deflates the size of the JavaScript code on your website, which contributes to the faster page rendering. As a result the extension lowers the server load, which means your server can handle more visitors simultaneously.
With this extension, your customers will enjoy higher Magento performance, and you will benefit from lower server load and higher conversion rate.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community