Magento Forum

Some question on Configurable Products

GregC

Total Posts:  76
A^2, MI

Hey all,

I’ve been working on setting up some configurable products (CPs) tonight.  I have a bunch of SKUs that are all really the same product but in different sizes (pillows in this case).  As previously posted, I “discovered” that you can export existing products and change their attribute set and then re-import them to set them up for configuring.  Worked perfectly for me.

After following the excellent tutorial on the subject, I successfully created a CP and associated the 2 sizes of pillows with it.

Now come my questions -

1) How come the 2 products that make up the CP still show up in the store?  What do I do to hide them?

2) How can I get the CP to use the prices I specified in the base products instead of the one set in the CP.  I see I can set up a change to the CP’s base price using the screens in the product editor. However, in this case, I want to use the exact prices set in the base products ($10 standard pillow, $15 for the king). The my designer wants to see those prices, not “+ $5.00” or “- 5.00”

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work. 

GregC

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GregC

Total Posts:  76
A^2, MI

any one?

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

1) How come the 2 products that make up the CP still show up in the store?  What do I do to hide them?

You need to change the visibility for the simple product to ‘Nowhere’ (see image)

2) How can I get the CP to use the prices I specified in the base products instead of the one set in the CP.  I see I can set up a change to the CP’s base price using the screens in the product editor. However, in this case, I want to use the exact prices set in the base products ($10 standard pillow, $15 for the king). The my designer wants to see those prices, not “+ $5.00” or “- 5.00”

As a quick solution maybe consider using a Grouped Product and not a Configurable product

Thanks

yoav

Image Attachments
Visibility.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community