Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Going from 1.5.1 to 1.6

thejaguar

Total Posts:  5

i basically upgraded the site to 1.6 and at first i had issues but then it was fine i was adding new products and the site was as if it was 1.5.1. Now i go to sleep and wake up and decided to go back and start adding more products.... i get this error message on the site…

Trace:
#0 /home/midori/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/midori/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#2 /home/midori/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#3 /home/midori/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’SELECT `main_ta...’, Array)
#4 /home/midori/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(389): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’SELECT `main_ta...’, Array)
#5 /home/midori/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’SELECT `main_ta...’, Array)
#6 /home/midori/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(683): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(’SELECT `main_ta...’, Array)
#7 /home/midori/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Collection/Abstract.php(520): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->_fetchAll(’SELECT `main_ta...’, Array)
#8 /home/midori/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(521): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Collection_Abstract->getData()
#9 /home/midori/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Store/Collection.php(174): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->load(false, false)
#10 /home/midori/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php(740): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Store_Collection->load()
#11 /home/midori/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(614): Varien_Data_Collection->count()
#12 /home/midori/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(456): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initStores()
#13 /home/midori/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(342): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initCurrentStore(’’, ‘store’)
#14 /home/midori/public_html/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#15 /home/midori/public_html/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#16 {main}

Error log record number: 1450995953

im going insane going through all the threads/forums to see a fix for this and im not sure what to do. im no programmer for sure ... and im already having issues with my other site.... 1.6 has giving me issues since day 1 knowing theres a upgrade lol.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Can you confirm that core_store is not in your database?

Magento Community
Magento Community

thejaguar

how do you confirm that? do i go to phpadmin?

The reason why im asking is like i said… the day before i was able to add products w/ 1.6 and it seemed like 1.6 was successfully upgraded. then i go to sleep, wake up and its not working with this type of error, this seems weird to me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Yes look at PHPmyadmin

Magento Community
Magento Community

thejaguar

well i guess it doesn’t matter anymore, my store (two months of work) is gone because i figured Hostgator Technicians can help me. Instead Hostgator somehow said my database is corrupted and no longer recoverable. So its gone. I gotta start anew and fresh according to Hostgator techs. FML. thanks anyways.

i can say this anybody who thinks of upgrading to 1.6, DON’T. Nothing but trouble… full of fail upgrade. stick with 1.5.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

hi thejaguar

Hostgator support is not Magento savvy.

I think you need professional supporter, who will investigate your store and fix everything.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich Cleverley

Total Posts:  285

I think that this highlights what Magento always say when a new release comes out; always back up your file system and database before you attempt an upgrade.  I would also add that having a test/staging site set up is a must to see if the upgrade causes an issues on your site.

I know this doesn’t help you (and I’m certainly not having a go at you or others that have had issues).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

@thejaguar:: Can’t you revert to your last backup?

Magento Community
Magento Community

UnderDogg

Total Posts:  63

thejaguar - 22 August 2011 02:21 PM

Instead Hostgator somehow said my database is corrupted and no longer recoverable.

@thejaguar : there must be some way you can get help by the experts here. Before you upgraded I think you have made a backup, correct? Otherwise Hostgator might have their nightly backups. Or you have your backup from a couple of days earlier.
Let’s see if 1 of the professionals can help you with that backup. Don’t give up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

Yea there is no way you lost all your work.

On Hostgators site it says “Automatic Weekly Off-Site Data Backups” (Source: http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml) so if you did fail to make a backup yourself, you should still have one.

I don’t think your database is beyond repair. Most likely that a process timed out of the MySQL side. I see it all the time when hosting with a non Magento provider partner.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community