Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Caching problem?? Please help.. 

dminor

Total Posts:  24

I overwrote my 6.14100 app/code/core/Mage directory with the new version without really expecting it to work, but i refreshed the cache and the rewrites and gave it a go anyway. So after that didn’t work i put the old Mage directory back and refreshed the cache and the rewrites again. Now the rewrites are not working and it looks like the __autoload() function from functions.php is trying to include files from the new version which are obviously not there.

Is there any way out of this? Please help..

Thank you

edit: I can access my Categories (although one of them has a different name for some reason), but the links for the products are broken.

Thanks again to anyone who can help here - in a serious bind.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dminor

So what is happening is that mod_rewrite appears to not be working on the catalog—when i click on an individual item only. This is also happening in the admin.

Everything else is as it should be, but here is what happens in Admin: if i go to Catalog -> Manage Products and select a product to edit, the URL that it points to is correct, but it never gets there. There is a fatal error in app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Attribute/Abstract.php: Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object on line 243. The function is getBackend().
It also appears to be trying to include files from the new version of Magento which are not there.

The same thing happens in the front end when i click on a product, except that the URL’s are not being rewritten at all in that case.

I don’t understant how this could be happening because i have replaced the Mage directory in its entirety with the 6.14 version.

totally lost, been working on this for 24 hours.. would really appreciate any suggestions at all at this point including installing the new version. If i do entirely replace the store, can i still use the data that is already in the db?

thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@dminor: looks like there was left in database a reference to class name which does not exist anymore in new version.

There will be an additional handling for this in future releases. Meanwhile you can replace function getBackend() in file app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Attribute/Abstract.php with:

public function getBackend()

{

if (empty($this->_backend)) {

if (!$this->getBackendModel()) {
                $this
->setBackendModel($this->_getDefaultBackendModel());

}
            $backend 
Mage::getModel($this->getBackendModel());
            if (!
$backend{

throw Mage::exception('Mage_Eav''Invalid backend model specified: '.$this->getBackendModel());

}
            $this
->_backend $backend->setAttribute($this);

}

return $this->_backend;

}
This will give you a reference to model that is not valid anymore and then we can handle it in database (table eav_attribute):
select from eav_attribute where backend_model="{model we've got}";

Magento Community
Magento Community

dminor

Moshe -

Thanks so much for the reply!

So the model in question is giftmessage/entity_attribute_backend_boolean_config

This is also what functions.php is trying to include and failing in __autoload($class): Mage/GiftMessage/Model/Entity/Attribute/Backend/Boolean/Config.php

so what should i change the entry to in the DB? any idea?

Thanks again, i feel like i’m getting really close to getting back on track here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

Is there no such file in your copy?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dminor

That’s exactly the thing. There isn’t even an Entity folder in Mage/Giftmessage/Model in 6.14

In 7.14 there is, but i reverted back to the 6.14 Mage folder.

Here is a summary:

- I copied the Mage folder from 7.14 into my installation
- refreshed cache and rewrites
- the checkout wasn’t working
- replaced Mage folder with previous 6.14 version
- refreshed cache and rewrites

And now it is still looking for this file which is obviously from the 7.14 install. I realize that wasn’t the best thing to do probably, but i thought it would surely be reversible.

Thanks again, really hope i can sort this out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

Oh i missed the part that you have reverted to previous version.

The database for new versions definitely won’t work with previous versions.
If you wish to evaluate different versions side by side, you should have 2 separate databases

Magento Community
Magento Community

dminor

Yeah, i realize that - i never did anything to the DB. I didn’t do an “install” i just overwrote the Mage folder.That’s why i thought everything would be fine (reversible).

That’s why i can’t figure out how something could have even changed in the DB.. but obviously the issue is there.

thank you again

p.s. I do have another db for the new (separate) install - that’s a separate issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community