Magento Forum

Upgrade to 1.1.8 using Magento Connector: site is ruined

Oldgamer

Total Posts:  142

I had 1.1.6 version working and was waiting for later release…
After I read some posts about non successful upgrade to 1.1.7 I decided to wait a bit and upgrade later.
Now, after 1.18 was out I made a backup and tried to upgrade to 1.18 using Magento Connector.
Too bad!
Despite Magento Connector didn’t show any errors during upgrade, I can not open my production store anymore.
I can open admin panel, but not the site.
It gives me error:

otice: Undefined index:  url in /home/media777/domains/computers777.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template/Filter.php on line 152
Trace:
#0 /home/media777/domains/computers777.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template/Filter.php(152): mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘Undefined index...’, ‘/home/media777/...’, 152, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template_Filter->storeDirective(Array)
#2 /home/media777/domains/computers777.com/public_html/lib/Varien/Filter/Template.php(128): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#3 /home/media777/domains/computers777.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Block/Block.php(52): Varien_Filter_Template->filter(’

* ??_toHtml() #5

Then goes long list of files.
Now I’m probably stuck in a deep #$%^&.
Going to try to recover back.
The bad think is that I can see a lot of posts like mine and no response of Magento Team…
:(
Please help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cannonballdex

Total Posts:  65

I just upgraded 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 in the magento connector, have to say it was flawless, only issue i had was having to re customize some of the things that i had customized before the upgrade and had to upload my custom images again. Also a bug in the google base system, but other than that you may want to try reinstalling the magento-core/Mage_All_Latest and then refresh to make sure its all updated. Good Luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

Thanks for reply.
I recovered my store using my backup.
You know, before the update, Magento Connector showed me about 10-11 possible upgrades (yellow lines) and I decided to take a risk and do all of them at once.
After update I opened admin panel fine, but not a production. Before the upgrade my installation had one bug: it worked only if I use modern theme as default. If I switch to default theme, Magento give me the error. I don’t know when and how it started, but I was not concerned too much cause I use modern theme. Now I think that probably after upgrade issues some how related to that error.
I am not sure, what I should try to install first and how. There are no any details on a forum about 1.1.8 upgrade. Only some lucky users who almost had no problems…
I backup locally so it takes a lot of time to download and upload a backup file (Magento takes so much space on my host that I can not keep my backup file there). I can not just try again and again and again experimenting on my live store.
It would be very nice of Magento team to write some update instructions. Probably they do not have a time now, busy with all corrections, fixing all that mess. I think I will wait until they come up with something.
I believe they will.

Magento Community
Magento Community

saileruk

Total Posts:  25

hi oldgamer, I have tried both 1.1.7 and 1.1.8. but none of them can work correctly, thus have to stay with 1.1.6
for both of 1.1.7 and 1.1.8, my problem is the backend, all links don’t work at all!
I do the upgrade same as you, by magento-connector, and install all updates at once. but everythime just disappointing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

Thanks for reply.
I have strange problem with Magento: it works only if I select modern theme, but not with default or iphone theme. After I updated to 1.1.8 it gave me the errors EVEN when modern theme was selected, and the errors were very similar, I can say the same errors. Probably I made a mistake of updating when modern theme was selected. I guess I read somewhere that before upgrade default theme should be selected, but I am not sure if I recall it right.
As I said, I recover from my backup, selected default theme and realized that errors the same as after update. So I selected modern theme and decided to try correct that problem first.
I compared files on my site with downloaded 1.1.6 (which I have installed) and I can see that a lot of files are different. Probably version 1.1.6 was not installed correctly. I want to copy files but I want to be sure I do not overwrite wrong files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mirelon

Total Posts:  41

I upgraded from 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 vie connect manager. Installation was succesful, in the black screen was:

downloading Mage_Core_Modules-1.1.8.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_Core_Modules-1.1.8.tgz (1,345,211 bytes)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...
done1,345,211 bytes
install ok
channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Core_Modules-1.1.8
Then connect manager shows that version 1.1.8 is installed, but in footer in admin is still 1.1.6. What is the next step in upgrading? The only diff in files is in folder downloader/, so i think the install is incomplete.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gp01fb

Total Posts:  34

I’m having the same problem as mirelon. installation successful via magento connect, showing version 1.1.8, but in footer it’s still 1.1.6. How should we fix this error?

Thank you very much.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sudou

Total Posts:  4

Providing you’ve got a hair-trigger finger reaction, if you do find a <b>louis vuitton uk</b> that you want you’re in with a great chance of securing it.<br/>More and more people can afford <b>louis vuitton uk</b>, not to say they are on sale. Price is not equivalent with value,they own classical style, fine materials, elaborate technique.<br/>After graduating from university, my cousin came back to my hometown from USA last month. She told me that <b>beats by dre</b> is very popular among her classmate.<br/><b>dr dre beats</b> offer excellent, elegant beats products in order to generate room for your new collections.They’re purchased more quickly that you may at any time imagine.<br/>All <b>ralph lauren uk</b> are lovely packaged in a setting designed to both protect and present them. Whether they are given as a graduation gift or a family heirloom, the velvet pouch or specially cushioned packaging will be perfect.<br/><b>coach outlet</b> has become necessary in everyday life of women seeking fashion and simple designs simple and elegant to look at very affordable and practical.<br/>handbags and purses of <b>coach outlet online</b> are beautiful, classic designs made for sophisticated customers to make an emphatic style statement.<br/><b>coach outlet</b> can provide the coach exactly the same is expected in a retail store. It can help you find bags of various colors, shapes and designs, which prove once again that the coach is actually a selection for the housekeeper.<br/>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3216
Minneapolis MN

testst

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community