Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade to 1.1.8 via connect results in number of bugs

aroha

Total Posts:  26
Napier

here is my list of issues i have noticed in the short time since upgrading to 1.1.8

Admin:
1. cannot select a table row for editing. example; went to change my tax rate but cannot edit when clicking on the row… only works where there is an edit link and there is not one in the tax rates and several other places like attributes.

2. when i go to system/configuration i get this error
Warning: include(Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Source/Locale/Weekdays.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream:

Front end:
cannot login to user account to fulfill purchase or change user details. nothing happens just refreshes existing login page.

this is what i have noticed this morning in the past 30 minutes of being at work.

to remedy i want to go back to 1.1.6.

at least i could work on my site, the temptation of resolving an issue of errors after a product csv import was to great to resist upgrading but now i regret it. argghhhhh!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kAnAnA

Total Posts:  16

I have the sames problems of you ... how to downgrade to 1.1.6 ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

aroha

Total Posts:  26
Napier

what i did to remedy my problem was a bit extrem… i logged into connect and uninstalled all my core extensions. by doing so mage kicks you out to an install page where it will download and install all core extensions needed for the new version. after the download completed i was back into the admin panel and after logging in to connect noticed that there were a few new extensions that i didn’t have from by old version, even after running the initial upgrade.

and yep it works! my only bug i have noticed is my existing user account issue and getting 500 internal server error.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/24090/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

These errors usually appear because some core modules are missing, or not have the same version number as the latest release. When doing an upgrade, sometimes not all the required modules are upgraded.

To fix it, you need to force an upgrade or install of the missing modules. To do so, you need SSH access.

Run the following command from your Magento root directory.

./pear install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

You should see some errors about required modules having the incorrect version, e.g. “magento-core/Mage_Core_Modules” or “magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml”. For each of the missing modules, run this command:

./pear install -f module_name

for example to force an upgrade of Mage_Core_Adminhtmlyou enter this:
./
pear install -f magento-core/Mage_Core_Adminhtml

You need to include the ‘-f’ flag (force), or else PEAR will ignore the module if an earlier version already exists.

When all the missing modules have been re-installed, run this:

./pear install -f magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

It should complete without errors, and hopefully your problem will be solved. smile

Almost all issues related to Magento Connect and upgrades can be solved this way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren E

Total Posts:  54
The Woodlands, Texas

That’s odd - I did a complete install from 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 - NOT using the Magento connect manager (I just don’t feel comfortable using the connect manager- EVER)

The upgrade to 1.1.8 resulted in:

1) I lost the ability to edit attributes
2) Editing products required me to click the “edit” link
3) I had weird “duplicate items” when inputting configurable items
4) The store had 2 browse and upload buttons

I’m still configuring the store but other than that, those are the errors I came across… 1.1.6 seems to be the most stable option I have so far.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren E

The Woodlands, Texas

kAnAnA - 28 November 2008 01:26 AM

I have the sames problems of you ... how to downgrade to 1.1.6 ?

Hopefully you keep your store design separate from your default store - just install the 1.1.6 core files overwriting the newer ones and it should work.

It did for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gjr

Total Posts:  20
Tilburg, The Netherlands

Magento Connect upgrade from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 does not work!

Does Magento Connect work at all?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

I have upgraded several stores from 1.1.7 -> 1.1.8 through Magento Connect Manager, so it does work. It must be something wrong on your server. What are the error messages you are getting (if any)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

xrussx

gjr - 02 December 2008 11:07 PM

Magento Connect upgrade from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 does not work!

Does Magento Connect work at all?

Upgrade worked for me in the connection manager.

Magento Community
Magento Community

southernlace

Total Posts:  2

So, this is the first time I have heard of SSH.  I am one of the rare designers that uses Windows, lol.  From what I have read about SSH, it seems to be a Linux based method of connecting to the server using an encrypted connection.  My server is Linux but I am working on the site via PC.  Does this matter? 

I am having issues as well with the upgrade and am ready to start pulling hair out.  I keep reading that this SSH thing is the answer.  Could someone please walk me through how to get this.....if it’s possible for me to use it....or anything else that I am missing here???????

Thanks,
Lacy

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

You can use SSH from Windows compter, no problem. A popular SSH client is PuTTY. It requires no installation and is easy to set up.

First, make sure SSH is enabled on your server. You will need basic unix skills in order to use SSH, or follow a tutorial.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren E

The Woodlands, Texas

Just make sure you read up on what you are doing with SSH - when working with SSH, you are using a set of command lines in conjunction with a directory tree.

When in doubt with server technologies- you can visit a website called “Web Hosting Talk” which has lots of tutorials on how to operate linux servers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hyteckit

Total Posts:  166
Los Angeles, CA

Magento connect is broken.  It doesn’t include all the core files that is suppose to be in v1.1.8.  It’s better to just download the v1.1.8 archive and copy over the core files and whatever files you need.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community