Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
How to Upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.6.0

NETRONIANinc

Total Posts:  57

Hello and thank you in advance for your recommendations.

I have installed 1.6.0 in a new subdomain and I have entered into the new database and delete all the content of the mysql linked to the 1.6.0 version.

Then I have exported the database of the 1.4.2 version while before that I had deactivated the cache and refresh it as well.

When I import the 1.4.0 version database in the 1.6.0 new database the following happens:
1. sometimes the websites shows up but then it redirects to the old website. (no errors)
2. sometimes the website does not show at all and keeps on loading and never shows up (no errors)

How can I do that upgrade because it’s been a pain since I have been trying the very same process 5 days continuously. If mysql was a car engine would have been smoking by now smile

Thank you people and I really appreciate potential advices and instructions.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

I have installed 1.6.0 in a new subdomain and I have entered into the new database and delete all the content of the mysql linked to the 1.6.0 version.

Can you explain what you deleted?

Did you update your core_config_data table after the upgrade?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NETRONIANinc

Thank you so much in advance for helping me out.

So everything works perfectly accept the (wish list, checkout, my account) links.
They keep on forwarding me to the old installation that I had.

The url is : store.mbs.com

I spoke to the designer of the template but they said the template is made for 1.4.0 and not for 1.6.0 is that important?
I think that all themes work the same in all versions.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bazz78

Total Posts:  156
Italy

Hello

I try to install a 1.6 clean installation on my database (magento ver. 1.4.0.1)

after more 1 hours this is the error in log file:

a:5:{i:0;s:261:"Error in file: "C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\sql\core_setup\mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php" - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1025 Error on rename of '.\magento1600\catalog_product_index_price' to '.\magento1600\#sql2-16c0-9' (errno: 152)";i:1;s:960:"#0 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(645): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.8.28', '1.6.0.1')
#2 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.8.28', '1.6.0.1')
#3 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(408): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(336): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:49:"/magento1600/index.php/install/wizard/configPost/";s:11:"script_name";s:22:"/magento1600/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"default";}

the install from 1.4 to 1.5 works well....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bazz78

Italy

first there was one more error:

a:5:{i:0;s:224:"Error in file: "C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\sql\core_setup\mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php" - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1091 Can't DROP 'UNQ_PATH'; check that column/key exists";i:1;s:960:"#0 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(645): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.8.28', '1.6.0.1')
#2 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.8.28', '1.6.0.1')
#3 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(408): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(336): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\app\Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 C:\wamp\www\magento1600\index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}"
;s:3:"url";s:31:"/magento1600/index.php/install/";s:11:"script_name";s:22:"/magento1600/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"default";}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

See this WIKI:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/magento_1.5_to_1.6_upgrade

I think your contraint errors will be solved by this

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

@Emilianoqa::

Sorry there where multiple posts in this thread

I think your issue is in your core_config_data table or perhaps you have some hard linked URL’s

Can you query your core_config_data table for your old URL in the value column?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bazz78

Italy

ok thanks

I will try and i will let you know grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

NETRONIANinc

Bazz78 - 23 August 2011 05:09 AM

ok thanks

I will try and i will let you know grin

Ok,
so you have oldwebsite1 and newwebsite2.

take the oldwebsite1 database (export database)
Then go to the newwebsite2 and set up a new database. Must be empty then, Import the oldwebsite1 database in.

Then go to newwebsite2 ftp access and import all the new 1.6.0 or any other version. Then when you install it make sure in the installation process you put the details assigned for the new database.

That is it… you should have a ready to go website.
let me know for any problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jerry Guo

Total Posts:  85
china

when I upgrade by SSH, type ./mage list-installed & list-upgrades , got warning :

Please initialize Magento Connect installer by running :
./mage mage-setup

anyone help me .

Image Attachments
mage.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

What does it say when you run

./mage mage-setup

Magento Community
Magento Community

NETRONIANinc

Brent W Peterson - 23 August 2011 04:30 AM

@Emilianoqa::

Sorry there where multiple posts in this thread

I think your issue is in your core_config_data table or perhaps you have some hard linked URL’s

Can you query your core_config_data table for your old URL in the value column?

Thank you for your help.
I already did change those long time ago. I entered my new URL wherever i saw URLS.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jerry Guo

china

@Brent W Peterson, it say :

running initial setup ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jerry Guo

china

@Brent W Peterson,

Do you find any solution? thankyou.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hammock_vienna

Total Posts:  60

Hi Brent,

sorry i really appreciate all your help in the forum, but i’m really unsure if deactivating the constraint checks is a good idea.
Usually that’s a no go.... I would never do that, also fooman said the same on the wikipage.

app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1091 Can’t DROP ‘UNQ_PATH’; check that column/key exists”;

Don’t you think that we’ll run into troubles on the long run?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

You can re-enable after upgrade

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community