Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
I can´t remove GoogleShopping 0.3.5

onepack

Total Posts:  98
Amsterdam

Thank you for your feedback. I was removing all the files from the server and going through the database but still the module was listed. I will have a look at your solution. At least it gives me an idea where this dependency is set. Good work and good luck with your sql issue.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

onepack

Amsterdam

Hi Pighead,

I did what you said but I keep on getting the message that it’s a unsupported fileformat after I rezip it back into tgz. Could you post it here? Or what program are you using to tgz the file?

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

onepack

Amsterdam

Nevermind… By deleting all reverences to google shopping and reinstalling the (not correct .tgz) the googleshopping was removed from the list and I was able to upgrade the complete shop now.... Unbelievable that this could happen… I’m happy this was still a shop in development. Have to setup the dev environment asap because this kinda stuff is deadly for business in a live environment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

All you need to do is remove the XML file from /app/etc/modules and remove the setup_nameofpackage entry in core_resource

You should also delete the extension from the community directory, clear your cache and you should be good.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yunus1

Total Posts:  147

DO i need the google shopping extension for google shopping or is it in 1.6 integrated?

Magento Community
Magento Community

linxbaijy

Total Posts:  52

Brent W Peterson - 22 August 2011 03:29 AM

All you need to do is remove the XML file from /app/etc/modules and remove the setup_nameofpackage entry in core_resource

You should also delete the extension from the community directory, clear your cache and you should be good.

I have done all of the above, but Googleshopping module is still showing in my ConnectManager which stop me upgrade to 1.6.0.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

boxrec

Total Posts:  8

I have the same problem, I can’t upgrade to 1.6 and every attempt to do so ends in disaster :-(

Is there a fix in the pipeline ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

delucai7

Total Posts:  5

pighead - 21 August 2011 09:25 PM

Got a workaround here:
unzip downloader/.cache/community/Mage_GoogleShopping-0.3.5.tgz, then modify package.xml, change max version dependency to 1.6.0.0. save and re-zip it to tgz again. Try re-install this module in MConnect.
Then you may just upgrade core module to 1.6.0.0 without conflicts.

however, I still have problem even all modules upgraded to 1.6.0.0. it seems the mysql db upgrade script didn’t work smoothly. The whole website is down.

I did the exact same thing. Now all updates are installed but my site won’t load. Administrator won’t load either, only Magento Connect does.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adamsykes

Total Posts:  1

Have you checked whether your site is in maintenance mode?
If you ftp to your site and look for the file maintenance.flag, if it is there delete it and the site will be operational again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rossmannsupply

Total Posts:  34

I’ve been trying to remove 0.3.5 so I can install the new version that works on magento 1.6

I get this

CONNECT ERRORcommunity/Mage_Core_Modules 1.6.0.0 is required bycommunity/Mage_All_Latest 1.6.0.0community/Interface_Frontend_Default 1.6.0.0community/Interface_Install_Default 1.6.0.0community/Mage_Centinel 1.6.0.0community/Interface_Frontend_Base_Default 1.6.0.0community/Phoenix_Moneybookers 1.3.0community/Find_Feed 1.1.0community/Mage_Compiler 1.6.0.0community/Magento_Mobile 1.5.0.0.21.0community/Mage_Core_Adminhtml 1.6.0.

I tried removing the directory and the XML entries discussed earlier in this thread but nothing appears to do it. I’ve spent so much time trying to figure this out since updating to 1.6 that my google shopping items have expired. :(

How do I solve this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

To uninstall this extension try going to

\downloader\lib\Mage\Connect\Command\Install.php

public function doUninstall($command, $options, $params)

and changing the line - about 484

$withDepsMode = !isset($options['nodeps']);

to

$withDepsMode = isset($options['nodeps']);

Change back when finished!

Magento Community
Magento Community

elvar

Total Posts:  59

Thanks man - it was successful!