Thank you for your feedback. I was removing all the files from the server and going through the database but still the module was listed. I will have a look at your solution. At least it gives me an idea where this dependency is set. Good work and good luck with your sql issue.
Nevermind… By deleting all reverences to google shopping and reinstalling the (not correct .tgz) the googleshopping was removed from the list and I was able to upgrade the complete shop now.... Unbelievable that this could happen… I’m happy this was still a shop in development. Have to setup the dev environment asap because this kinda stuff is deadly for business in a live environment.
Got a workaround here:
unzip downloader/.cache/community/Mage_GoogleShopping-0.3.5.tgz, then modify package.xml, change max version dependency to 18.104.22.168. save and re-zip it to tgz again. Try re-install this module in MConnect.
Then you may just upgrade core module to 22.214.171.124 without conflicts.
however, I still have problem even all modules upgraded to 126.96.36.199. it seems the mysql db upgrade script didn’t work smoothly. The whole website is down.
I did the exact same thing. Now all updates are installed but my site won’t load. Administrator won’t load either, only Magento Connect does.
I tried removing the directory and the XML entries discussed earlier in this thread but nothing appears to do it. I’ve spent so much time trying to figure this out since updating to 1.6 that my google shopping items have expired. :(