Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Login page and Register page show incorrect. 

Menthu

Total Posts:  31

Dear community,

I installed a fresh install of the 1.6 and uploaded and activated my custom template. All pages show correctly but the login page and the register page don’t. They seem to have a div tag which isn\\\’t in my css file. I checked the template files in the app file and they didn’t change from 1.5 to 1.6. Does anyone know what the possible problem can be or does anyone else have the same problem? Below the difference between the 1.5 and the 1.6 version.

The first picture is from the 1.6 version and the second picture is from the 1.5 version. Don’t look at the language difference ofcourse smile.

Image Attachments
11.png22.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

They are using template files pulled from “persistent” now. Upgrade your theme for “persistent” template files.  It affects checkout page login section too.

You also need to switch on the persistent feature from the admin area.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Menthu

Total Posts:  31

Thank you for the fast reply. That was the solution to my problem.

Kind regards,

Menthu

Magento Community
Magento Community

ferozmansuri

Total Posts:  22

Where from the admin, i s/w on the feature as u said…

Also if i don’t want to use, how should i disable the persistent login feature, is that should i remove the login.phtml from persistent folder..

Magento Community
Magento Community

ferozmansuri

Total Posts:  22

I disable the persistent login from layout/persistent.xml by commenting one of the handle.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chapagain

Total Posts:  202

You can disable the Persistent Shopping Cart feature from:

System -> Configuration -> CUSTOMERS -> Persistent Shopping Cart -> General Options -> Enable Persistence = No

If the above doesn’t work then you can directly disable the module by editing the file: app/etc/modules/Mage_Persistent.xml by setting active = false.

More on this: Magento: Incorrect template design for login and register page due to Persistent Shopping Cart

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community