Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Dashboard links not working on 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 (menu is working)

aloeroot

Total Posts:  18

I’m having this same issue - just upgraded to 1.1.8 and the dropdown menus in the admin area have stopped working completely in both IE and FF. This is the Javascript error I’m getting:

Element.removeClassName is not an option

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aloeroot

Total Posts:  18

I have the same problem…

and my bulldoozer solution is....

---> replace all the files in folder “js” (the javscripts are here) with the files in the download-package of magento 1.1.8

is working well for me

This solved the problem for me. Oddly enough, it also solved the problem with the broken image-uploading tool that’s being addressed in other threads on this forum.

Magento Community
Magento Community

HostRefugee-Vince

Total Posts:  1

This can be fixed by setting the correct permissions on all folders and files.

For example, we are on a server with suPHP, so 775 and 664 permissions are not needed, and cause problems.

If your on a server with suPHP, set all folders to 755 and all files to 644

If you have SSH access, these commands work great:

Type: cd /Your/Magento/Install/Folder
## Gets you to your magento install folder.

Type: find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
## Finds all files in your entire magento install, and sets their chmod to 644

Type: find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
## Finds all directories in your entire magento install, and sets their chmod to 755

After that is done, go back to your admin area and everything should be working great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

Total Posts:  74

Permissions doesn’t seem to have an impact on this bug (at least in the installations I’ve tried).  I’ve been digging through the JS to see if I can figure out what isn’t firing.  Firefox doesn’t show any javascript errors so something must have been removed from 1.1.6 -> 1.1.7/8.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Costa

Total Posts:  56
Shenzhen China

I have just upgraded to 1.2.0.1 and this issue is still there! Cmon someone must know how to fix this? Magento team?

PS. The file permission on simplehelix servers for js folder are set to 666 and folder permissions are set to 755
I read on forums that all file s need to be changed to 644 but i don’t think it makes a difference.

Please Advise

Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

As far as I can tell it’s a javascript issue.  Not being intimate with the javascript libraries being used yet I was having a hard time trying to troubleshoot the issue.  I’m really surprised this still exists in 1.2.0.1.

I’ve filed a bug report:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4770

Please add comments there assuming I didn’t duplicate a bug elsewhere (couldn’t find one).

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

It’s a combination of javascript and html.
See what I changed to fix it here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/86034/

Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

Hot dang, that worked perfectly.  You would think Magento would have rolled that change into 1.2 by now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lsgXtremes

Total Posts:  3

kcscripts - 08 December 2008 05:24 PM

I am having the same problem with a brand new install.  I thought I found a great solution for my ecommerce clients, however my first experience with magento is not very good at all.  While it appears to be a good product, unless I’m willing to pay $400 per month ($4,800 per year) for support then I will have two wait 2 days for a response if I purchase a lower paid support plan.  I can buy a good shopping cart software solution for $1,000 and actually get support the same day without a problem.  Being that the problem in this thread is obviously a much larger community issue than just my install and the fact no one has a fix/solution to it, then I unfortunately am obviously HIGHLY reluctant to move further with this software in a production enviornment.  Please someone tell me that this software is worth my time as I really wanted this to work out but I’m too scared at this point to even consider moving forward with it…

Hey KCScripts,
Those are precisely my feelings. After having spent 4 days understanding this piece of software which worked well during my research, suddenly gives me this issue when I try to deploy it on a supposed be live site. And support is definitely not affordable here, not until you are a corporate, unlike the sole proprietor that I am.

I am caught between this and “Open Cart”. But Open Cart had issues too… cannot recommend for production purposes. Waiting till this Monday as Open Cart 1.0 is launching as ‘stable’. Lets see how it goes. There is one more option… its called “Karzina” [ http://www.karzina.com ] its a group that created their own offshoot of Open Cart after being terribly frustrated with Open Cart’s bugs. So lets see how it goes.

Rishab Salian // http://www.lsglive.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

blueyon

Total Posts:  1

actually the other people split the opencart project because they were trying to steal away the project. opencart is 100% less buggy than magento and 100% easy to fix any problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2