Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Site completely killed after Magento Connect upgrade

elfinstrider

Total Posts:  8

After doing the upgrade through MagentoConnect; the site immediately came crashing down. It doesn’t appear that the database was changed to the new structure, so hoping to be able to roll back to Mage 1.5; I restored a backup to no avail. Either there’s something corrupted in the backup or something just went horribly wrong.

Wasn’t able to access the admin immediately after backup; have a log full with errors like:

2011-03-17T21:31:12+00:00 ERR (3):
exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘100000208’ for key 2’ in /home/medigiya/public_html/xxx.com/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228
Stack trace:

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

If you have access to ssh you can try to upgrade like this

rm -rf /var/cache session
./mage mage-setup .
./
mage config-set preferred_state stable
./mage list-installed
./mage list-upgrades
./mage install http://connect20.magentocommerce.com/community Mage_All_Latest --force
./shell php indexer.php reindexall

The re-indexing at the end is very important

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfinstrider

Thanks for the advice, I’ll give it a try and post back the results.

Magento Community
Magento Community

John

Total Posts:  129
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Brent - the line

./shell php indexer.php reindexall

Where is indexer.php ?  It does not seem to be in my web root when I upgrade.

Thanks
John

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfinstrider

Afraid I\’ve had no joy with the suggestions. The index page is showing, but I can\’t get to the admin and any of the other links goes to a 404.

Trying to run the .sh commands gives me a \"permission denied\”; so I\’m not sure if the VPS I have is blocking the commands.

I\’ve manually cleared the cache by deleting the files, So, I\’m considering reloading a copy of 1.5 and importing my DB into it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

@elfinstrider:: Perhaps your re-writes are off? try adding index.php to test

For example www.domain.com/index.php/yourpage.html

@john:: your indexer.php is in /shell

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfinstrider

Indeed, that was it exactly. Excellent call m’dear sire.  Rewrites weren’t active. Thank you sir.

So here’s what I’ve managed to do to try and roll this problem back.

1) I’ve setup a sandbox, turned the rewrites on, imported all my themes and data and since it looked like MagentoConnect didn’t touch my database, just started writing the core files; I’ve brought the database back online in the DevSite. I’ve solved issues as I’ve found them and am clearing out the wreck to bring everything back inline, while learning a bit more about Mage in the process.

What I have now is a DevSite that loads, I can log in and see all my client data, orders and products, and the theme looks right.

Current Problem stumping me :

As a user in the frontend - When I click a product, it can not find the page for that product. So I see the categories and I see products in those categories, but if I click on a product, it gives me the “Page not Found” dialogue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

I don’t know if this helps, but after I upgrade a EE site I often have to reset this value

Turn on “Display out of stock products” System>Configuration>Catalog>Inventory>Stock Options: Display out of Stock Products to “Yes”

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community