Magento Forum

Custom Fields prevents 1.1.8 Upgrade (Magento Wiki article led to this issue…)

mrgad

Total Posts:  60

I am running two separate installs of Magento.  I just attempted to upgrade both of them from 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 using the “All-Latest” option from Magento Connect.  Both upgrades seemed to go flawlessly and I received confirmation OK messages when the upgrades were complete.

However, while one of the installs now has clearly been upgraded to 1.1.8 (the easiest way to check is to look at the bottom of the admin page - which now reads 1.1.8—or also going to System Configuration and viewing the new Google Base and Google Web Optimizer options), the OTHER upgrade did not “go through.” Although Magento Connect shows that the latest versions are installed successfully, visiting the admin page shows 1.1.6 at the bottom of the screen, and the Google Base and other new functions are nowhere to be seen.

I am fairly confident I know why this has happened, but I do not know how to remedy the situation.

On the problematic one, I followed the instructions in this Magento Wiki article:  http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/custom_account/registration_fields

I followed all of those instructions - and it worked perfectly - allowing me to add custom registration fields to that install.  However, this also involved altering two core files (app/code/core/Mage/Customer/Model/Entity/Setup.php & app/code/core/Mage/Customer/etc/config.xml), as well as altering the eav_attribute table in the sql database itself.

I am confident that is the “culprit” since my other install of Magento does NOT use these custom fields, and was able to upgrade without a problem.

But what do I do now?

The only option I can think of is to load a backup of the database from before I added the custom fields, and then to revert to previous versions of those two core files, and then to reinstall the 1.1.8 upgrade, and then to go back to the Wiki article and repeat the procedure so that the database once again has those new eav_attribute entries, and then finally to restore the latest backup of the database, so that I don’t lose all my customer and order information.

Is there another way?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

- M.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community