Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento automatically send an email to a vendor when an order is placed? 

Kratos

Total Posts:  6

Can products on Magento have an email address tied to them so when an order is placed an email gets sent to the correct vendor automatically?  I would need the ability to tie different vendor email addresses to different products, as I have multiple vendors.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

This is not currently possible out-of-the-box.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Androfire

Total Posts:  9

I found an extension in Magento Connect called Unotify vendor. I tried it out but I haven’t gotten it to fully work yet. Its in alpha so if/when the author completes it then our problems are solved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

back2007

Total Posts:  59

All you need is to add custom attribute ‘vendor_email’ and check this attribute after order is placed.  There is an appropriate event, as far as i remember. You can find more info about magento event handling here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/customizing_magento_using_event-observer_method

Magento Community
Magento Community

tandylacker

Total Posts:  207

Go to System, Configuration, Sales, Sales E-mails, then to the Order tab, then add an e-mail address to the send order e-mail copy to field…

Add as many e-mail addresses as you want separating each with commas....

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

Has anybody gotten this to work in 1.4.1.1?

It worked find in 1.3.x, but we are having no luck in the latest version. We tried contacting Boris, but have received no response for more than a month. Hope he is OK. He puts out good stuff.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community