Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
What is the more simple way to update from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 ? 

guillaume7684

Total Posts:  241

Hello,

My first installation of MAGENTO was the last week of the release 1.1.7 and I have never updated it.

Could you please, tell me which is the best and more simple way to update MAGENTO to 1.1.8?

Thank you.

Guillaume.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AndyM

Total Posts:  23

Take a back up! check permissions and then use Magento Connect

Magento Community
Magento Community

platinumtackle

Total Posts:  40

When I go through magento connect nothing happens?  Is there detailed instructions somewhere for upgrading with magento connect?

Magento Community
Magento Community

View 6 Com

Total Posts:  83
Brighton Sussex UK

Hi platinumtackle

1st make a back up then....

When you get into Magneto Connect look for : “Manage Existing Extensions” and click the “check for updates”

you might have to toggle the “preferred state” in the “Settings” tab to see all of what’s available.

you should then see all of the possible upgrade in the yellow highlighted box, just drop the box down for each that you want to upgrade and then click on the “commit changes” at the bottom

let the green text run in the black screen and look for any error messages

hope that helps..

Magento Community
Magento Community

guillaume7684

Thank you, But I have only these 2 lines:

Locale_Mage_community_fr_FR 1.1.5 (stable) Magento Community Modules - French (France) Language Pack
Owebia_Shipping 1.0.7 (stable) Shipping Methods / Modes de livraison : Colissimo, Chronopost, Export 3J

I want to update MAGENTO from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8

Magento Community
Magento Community

Surus

Total Posts:  38

I don’t understand why some people can make so complex engine like Magento, but can’t explain upgrade procedere so clear, that all people understand it. I am almoust a hour on searching how I can upgrade my Magenbto from 1.1.7 to 1.1.8 via Magento Connect.
All people write something, but nobody can just give one and easy answer:

1) go to Magento connect manager
2) put there eg magento-core/Mage_All_Latest
3) click on Install

May be I am blond, but I have not found what extention key I must use for upgrade. If I use magento-core/Mage_All_Latest, I will get a lot of packages I don’t need. Yes, the core will be upgraded, too, but I don’t need all this trush, I need only the new core.

Is it so complex to put somewhere on the site exzention key for core upgrade? Is it a secret?

No, no, no ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Unirgy
Guru

Total Posts:  478

@Surus, magento-core/Mage_All_Latest does not include anything that you don’t have already installed by initial download.

There’s no trash in there.

Upgrading only core without other components might break your installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

godscourge

Total Posts:  50

@Surus thanks i use your sentence in magento connect and now my shop is crashed....

what is the right sentense for upgrade with magento connect?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Surus

Total Posts:  38

godscourge - 27 November 2008 03:33 AM

@Surus thanks i use your sentence in magento connect and now my shop is crashed....

what is the right sentense for upgrade with magento connect?

This is not my sentense, I have found it somewhere here in the forum. I have used it and now I have many extentions in my shop, but I wanted the new Magento engine only.

I am just a baginner and try to change our osCommerce engine for the magento. The Magento engine is really pretty, but I don’t understand why so simple things will be not explained here. If you search for heavy complex things, you will find it quicker as so simple things like “how I can upgrade my engine via Magento Connect?”. Or another one question from another thread from me. How I can make it so, that on the start page in my shop will be shown my catalog. My start page is empty, you can see there only the category name. And just after you click on the category name, you can see product list etc.

I really want to use Magento in the future, but I am not sure I can it. If I need each time some days to resolve so simple problems…

Magento Community
Magento Community

bitchinbob

Total Posts:  3

The upgrade from connect manager has NEVER worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community

quatermain

Total Posts:  9

Hello, when I upgraded magento to 1.1.8 I lost my language pack. So now my language pack is not working (installed slovak language) and it´s not working in new instlation, look at http://demo.najkupa.sk . Do you help me with this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

What I want to know is why there is no published way to download just the changes from version to version, instead of the entire package.

If I do it through Magento Connect, it will install, not just download. But I can’t seem to find the location of the files it would download if I tell it to, so I can look at it before installation as recommended by Varien (they say don’t upgrade a production system --- how else can we get the package?).

Magento Community
Magento Community

moonlord

Total Posts:  42

Actually there are several ways of upgrading Magento:

1. Magento Connect (use it in your testing environment and after successful testing transfer that installation to your production site)
2. SVN checkout of the latest version and transfer that after testing to your production site
3. Download a diff-file and do it the good old osCommerce style…

Hope that helps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagentoFan

Total Posts:  10

Upgrading using Magento Connect Manager is actually very simple (whether it won’t broken your site or not, that’s the question rasberry)
Go to -> Magento Connect Manager -> Extensions tab -> Look at “Manage Existing Extensions” -> look at “Mage_Core_Modules” (if a package has an upgrade, it will be hilighted in yellow color) -> click the “Actions” drop down menu (at the Mage_Core_Modules’ row, of course wink) -> choose “Upgrade to 1.1.8” -> click “Commit Changes” button.
Don’t forget to backup your Magento installation first (copy all the folders and dump the database) and make sure all the permissions are in place.

Magento Community
Magento Community

guillaume7684

Hello MagentoFan,

I don’t have “Mage_Core_Modules” is it normal?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gjr

Total Posts:  20
Tilburg, The Netherlands

This might be a problem with Magento 1.1.7.

The option “Magneto Connect look for : “Manage Existing Extensions” and click the “check for updates” “ simply does not work.

You guys mean the buildin magento connect manager under the system menu?

I also see a lot of complaints here in the forums, is 1.1.8. a stable release?

And yes i am new to magento, many thanks for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3