Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.1.8 upgrade error - same as 1.1.7

dotprkirk

Total Posts:  50

Unfortunately,

it appears that the same error that plagued the 1.1.7 upgrade exist on the 1.1.8 upgrade.

I am attempting to upgrade 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 using the magento downloader program.

I see the 1.1.8 modules available (was still trying to get 1.1.7 working) and attempted to perform an upgrade.

I cleared var/cache var/session and checked ‘clear all sessions after successful install or upgrade’ and once again, all modules are installed correctly, per the output box.

However, when I navigate back into the dashboard, I’m stuck with 1.1.6.

I tried it on another development site and there are no problems whatsoever. The only difference between the sites are the themes being used, the products themselves, and one is production, one is development. Hosted on the same server, even.

Is this a file permissions error, perhaps? This is the only thing I can think of, as I’m scratching my head here.

If so, what directories must I have set at 777?

Thanks for the input. I’d *love* to get the sitemap and google base up and running, it is critical to my business.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mageho

Total Posts:  291
France, Paris

What ? 1.1.8 upgrade ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sensi

Total Posts:  103
Paris, France

Hello dotprkirk,

If you have moved your magento setup once, just delete the pear.ini file under the downloader/pearlib folder (it will be recreated by the downloader). smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotprkirk

Hi, I gave that a go, no change, unfortunately. Thank you for the attempt, however.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sensi

Total Posts:  103
Paris, France

Are the updates correctly downloaded under downloader/pearlib/download ? Have you tried to install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotprkirk

Sensi - 02 December 2008 01:14 AM

1 Are the updates correctly downloaded under downloader/pearlib/download ? 2 Have you tried to install magento-core/Mage_All_Latest ?

1. If you mean “showing up in that particular directory” then yes. As far as anything beyond that, I do not know. I’m guessing they’re there as they need to be. There are a lot of files in there, ranging from 1.1.3 to 1.1.8. Should the older ones be deleted?

2. I’ve tried that via SSH, via Connect. Neither way makes any sort of difference, each shows a successful update, but upon return to the admin area (after clearing session, cache, etc whatnot) it still shows me at 1.1.6.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotprkirk

^^^^^ (reply got stuck in a loop and was posted 2x apparently, sorry ‘bout that)

Magento Community
Magento Community

gp01fb

Total Posts:  34

I guess I’m having the same problem. I upgraded from 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 using magento connect, with the Mage_All_Latest installed. After the upgrade finished (everything was successfully installed from the prompt) and when I went back to the dashboard, it’s showing 1.1.6 on the footer. But on magento connect it’s showing 1.1.8. Does anyone know how to roll back to 1.1.6? or get it upgrade to 1.1.8?

Thank you very much.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotprkirk

I ended up using SSH and forcing the upgrade, I got a bit irate with the web-based upgrader simply not working.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community