Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category is empty in ‘Manage Categories’ but has 407 entires in frontend

moleygunn

Total Posts:  73

Is there a way to force a category to clear? It’s crapping out with this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/price.phtml on line 72

http://www.nirvanaheadshop.com/cannabis-seeds is the address if you wanna have a look.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

moleygunn

Total Posts:  73

Weird. I just added a description to the category and it seems to have fixed the error.

However, the category still has 436 products in it on the frontend and none in the backend. Any ideas?

I also just noticed that I’m getting the following error when I try to make any changes to the products in that category:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`nirvanadb/catalog_category_product_index`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_CATEGORY_PRODUCT_INDEX_CATEGORY_ENTITY` FOREIGN KEY (`category_id`) REFERENCES `catalog_category_entity` (`entity_id`) O)

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

moleygunn,

Do you have the category set as an anchor category?

If so and there are sub categories below that category all those products in the sub categories will show up in the main category.

Not sure if this is your issue or not.

Try turning off anchor and seeing if that resolves you issue

Magento Community
Magento Community

finch8243

Total Posts:  79

I have a possible solution that I outlined here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/24285/#t85776

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community