Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product description not showing correctly

Matt Collins

Total Posts:  16

I’ve bulk imported a set of products, which has gone fine before, but now the description is being truncated.
It’s cutting off at 255 characters when it displays.

The data is there in the admin tool.

I’ve created a new, configurable product and it has displayed the description in full.

I’ve tried editing one of the products with a truncated description, and the amended description doesn’t come through to the front end.

I’ve looked at the product object on the front end, and there’s a difference in the object.

On the product that doesn’t work properly, the incorrect version of the description is in the sub-array called “data”.
The correct version (which doesn’t show) has been populated into the array called “defaultValues”.

On the correctly working product, the correct data is in “data” and “defaultValues” is empty.

I’ve flushed the cache and no change.

Any ideas why it’s behaving like this and how I can make it work?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community