Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.3.2.4 to 1.5.1

steward

Total Posts:  35

I was able to go from 1.3.2.4 to 1.5.1 via a dump/reload of the database, then pointing a new installation at the old database.

More or less this recipe: http://www.webshopapps.com/blog/2010/02/upgrading-magento-to-version-1-4-keeping-it-simple/

The same trick does not seem to work for 1.6 ?
I tried from both the original 1.3 and the converted 1.5.
Various database errors: fields not found, duplicate keys…

I wonder if we use the simple trick for 1.3, then the pear approach to get from 1.5 to 1.6?
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/242215/

Here is a sample error. I get different ones on each attempt, and they all seem to be in setups for 1.5.x close to 1.6

a:5:{i:0;s:228:\"Error in file: \"/home/mysite/domains/shop16.mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php\" - Column \"date\" does not exists on table \"catalog_product_index_website\"\";i:1;s:1252:\"#0 /home/mysite/domains/shop16.mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(\'Mage_Core\', \'Error in file: ...\')
#1 /home/mysite/domains/shop16.mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(\'upgrade\', \'1.4.0.0.44\', \'1.6.0.0.5\')
#2 /home/mysite/domains/shop16.mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(\'1.4.0.0.44\', \'1.6.0.0.5\')
#3 /home/mysite/domains/shop16.mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/mysite/domains/shop16.mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(408): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/mysite/domains/shop16.mysite.com/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(336): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /home/mysite/domains/shop16.mysite.com/public_html/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /home/mysite/domains/shop16.mysite.com/public_html/index.php(80): Mage::run(\'\', \'store\')
#8 {main}\"
;s:3:\"url\";s:37:\"/index.php/install/wizard/configPost/\";s:11:\"script_name\";s:10:\"/index.php\";s:4:\"skin\";s:7:\"default\";}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Are you doing a new install of 1.6? I just did the upgrade and it worked great (from 1.5)

I haven’t tried from 1.3, but I did do 1.3->1.10 and it worked great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

steward

Total Posts:  35

Did not understand the reply.

Upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6 is not the question.

1.3 --> 1.10 ? Isn’t that backwards?!

Again, I did that via a “new install” but filling in old database details.
That did *not* fly for me for 1.3.2.4 to 1.6.0.0 , but it did work for 1.3.2.4 to 1.5.1.0

Since you say the rest goes great, I’ll leave it for a great day and give the upgrade via pear stuff a try.

Seems to me there are two ways to upgrade.

1. A new install pointed at an old database
2. Via pear (which I take to be the authorized official method).

I’m guessing (1) is now outdated for 1.6.0.0 But it is a guess !

Don’t worry about it thank you Brent. I got to 1.5 and that is far enough for now.
Appreciate your response.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN

Why not try 1.5 ->1.6 now?

btw: 1.10 is Magento Enterprise, 1.11 just came out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dbabaev

Total Posts:  83

same error here. trying to upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.6. someone please help smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Minneapolis MN