Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error after upgrade

terici

Total Posts:  13

After a manual upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0, I have an error on frontend and backend: Can’t retrieve entity config: core/cache_option

I cleared the cache and session, I also uninstall all my modules, but the errors persist?

I see that the file /app/etc/config.xml was changed in the new version, but I can’t find a way to fix this error. I tried to replace config.xml with the old one from 1.5.1 but in this case I’m redirected to another error: Error in file: \"C:\\www\\mlmparts\\app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Core\\sql\\core_setup\\mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php\" - Can’t retrieve entity config: core/file_storage

Please HELP?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

terici

Total Posts:  13

OK I found the solution.

Next to /app/etc/confix.xml , I had also a second file /app/etc/config2.xml, I don’t remember where it come from but removing this file fix my issue!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

Thanks for posting your solution smile

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

sheinen

Total Posts:  2

Did you solve this issue yet? I didn’t replace the old config.xml with the new one. After I did this and inserted my settings it worked for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aneevs

Total Posts:  9

Hi

I get this error

Error in file: “/chroot/.........../app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - Can’t retrieve entity config: core/file_storage

I did many stuff like copying config.xml and local.xml from new installation with necessary changes. Updating all lib and Mage Core files etc. Still the issue persists!

Any help to solve this is much appreciated! Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

vsushkov

Total Posts:  9
Russia, Taganrog

You’re probably forgot to copy new app/etc/config.xml file

Magento Community
Magento Community

VSikarwar1987

Total Posts:  1

i am getting the problem
Fatal error: Undefined class constant ‘ENTITY’ in Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/upgrade-1.6.0.0.1-1.6.0.0.2.php on line 28
please tell me how can i solve this problem.
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community