Magento Forum

Authorize.net and PayPal Processing Questions …

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

I am planning to switch to Magento (1.1.7) from an in-house solution over the next few weeks.

I have a few questions regarding payment processing in Magento though, if anyone can give me any further information.

1) It would seem that refunds still must be processed manually (does this apply to PayPal as well)?

2) Is there any way to view more information about a transaction processed with Authorize.net. For example, when using the sales_order.info API I see the following variables: cc_approval, last_trans_id, cc_trans_id, cc_avs_status, cc_cid_status - but they don’t seem to be shown on the admin side at all.

Using the API I can see that cc_avs_status is “Address and Zip Code Do Not Match (N)” after the original AUTH (prior to invoicing), I would NOT want to Capture or Process this sale - at least not without some investigation - so it would be very nice to see on the invoice or sales information page.

3) What will cause an invoice from not being able to be saved? When trying to invoice/capture I receive the error: “Can not save invoice” - If this doesn’t work, I’d have to manually capture each sale and tell Magento it was an offline capture - that would be no fun at all. Or is it possible an error is being returned. For this given transaction, the cc_approval is “APPROVED 013887”, so it would seem it should go through on the live capture.

Thanks in advance,
-Jonathan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

johnh123

Total Posts:  64

Wouldn’t you set the codes from within authorize.net?  So if you tell authorize.net to reject N codes, the customer would not be able to place an order, and you would not see anything through admin - you’d only see if you went to check at authorize.net -

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jonathan123

Total Posts:  215

Yes, that works. It would be nice to have it within the admin still - when customers call to find out why their order was declined it’s nice to know why right away.

That being said, there still seems to be the problem of submitting the invoice with capture and it failing?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community