Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Photography Password Protected areas

bigla25

Total Posts:  2

Good afternoon. Can anyone tell me if having a password protected area is possible for customers to log into and ONLY view their own products?  This is my plan; create an ecommerce site using Magento for school portraits.  Each customer (parent) would have access to their own child’s photos only.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

This is not currently available for out-of-the-box Magento.  You would need custom programming to handle this.  However, you could do some easy programming by allowing customers to upload photographs into their user panel (or you can).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

You may want to investigate whether the Open Source application ‘Gallery 2’ is more suited to your needs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigla25

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the help.  I’ll give Gallery 2 a look.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community