Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error Message: “Invalid Data: This transaction cannot be processed.”

abovethefold

Total Posts:  13
Boston, MA

I am testing out PayPal Direct using Magento 1.1.6 and I am running into an issue when I get to the final step of the order process and click “Place Order”—A dialog box appears with the following error message: “Invalid Data: This transaction cannot be processed.” The peculiar thing is that I can reproduce the error, but not consistently. Sometimes the order goes all the way through PayPal, sometimes it stops at this dialog box.

Where can I find more detailed error information? The canned user-friendly error message is not enough for me to troubleshoot, and I don’t feel the data from the exception.log is any better.

Here’s a snippet of the readout from the var/exception.log (sanitized).

2008-11-21T20:41:35+00:00 ERR (3): 
#0 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Direct.php(175): Mage::throwException('Invalid Data: T...')
#1 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php(181): Mage_Paypal_Model_Direct->capture(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment), '105.67')
#2 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Invoice.php(228): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment->capture(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Invoice))
#3 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php(235): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Invoice->capture()
#4 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php(127): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment->_invoice()
#5 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php(337): Mage_Sales_Model_Order_Payment->place()
#6 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order.php(472): Mage_Sales_Model_Order->_placePayment()
#7 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(437): Mage_Sales_Model_Order->place()
#8 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(359): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->saveOrder()
#9 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->saveOrderAction()
#10 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(144): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('saveOrder')
#11 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 /home/company123/test.company123.com/app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#13 /home/company123/test.company123.com/index.php(47): Mage::run()
#14 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community