Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

core_config_data doesn’t exist, no tables are created

freya

Total Posts:  2

I’m trying to install Magento 0.7.14800 for the 4th time now without any success.
The installer starts, I configure locale, download Beta packages in pear without any problems, move on to setting up the database and then I get a long PDOException object dump.

The message is: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘test.core_config_data’ doesn’t exist

When I check the database it’s empty, no tables have been created. The database connection is working fine, for example if I change the database password in the installer I get an access denied error message. I’ve PHP 5.2.0, just installed PDO and PDO_mysql.

I haven’t found any SQL init script to run, and I tried to read all topics of similar problems, but I havent’ seen anyone struggling with exactly this before. Can you help me?

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community