Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I sort products in a featured products block? 

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

I have a block of featured products that I have on the front page. The featured products are in a hidden category. When I display them they are always in price order. How do I retrieve them in the order that I setup in the catalog category?

How does:

<?php $_productCollection=$this->getLoadedProductCollection() ?>

Know what order to get products in?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WhoIsGregg

Total Posts:  64
Tampa, Florida

::bump::

I’m also trying to sort out this issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

markf

Total Posts:  145

What are you using to display the featured products?  I am using this on my home page:

{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="43" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

And I simply go into the “featured” category I created and sort that.  Works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WhoIsGregg

Total Posts:  64
Tampa, Florida

That’s how I do it too markf, but my products never appear sorted by position. I’ve cleared cache (even deleting the var/cache directory) between changing the position values to no effect.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community