Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Storing CVV information for manual credit card payment

UpgradeMage

Total Posts:  3

If you want to be able to display cvv code in magento this extension solves the problem for stored credit card numbers. Merchants are prohibited from storing CVV, CVV2, CVC2 & CID per PCI standards This extension was developed to display the cvv and merchants are required to delete (clear cvv) immediately after processing the transaction. Do not store CVV numbers on your database!

http://upgrademagento.com/index.php/display-cvv-code-upgrade-magento/magento-commerce-cvv-module-by-upgrade-magento.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Dorgo

Total Posts:  127

thanks upgrademagento.

How is that different to http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/jdabouz/extension/3371/delete-saved-credit-card-numbers

Magento Community
Magento Community

UpgradeMage

From what I understand the saved credit card number is deleted from the database while our Display CVV module displays credit card cvv information and also has the CLEAR CVV function which deletes the CVV number from the database. Our module is also available with an option to delete both credit card number plus the credit card cvv code from the database (upon request).

Hope this helps, if you need anything else please feel free to ask.

Thanks

upgrade

Magento Community
Magento Community

overnightgrafix

Total Posts:  23

anybody still with credit card verification problem i got some kinf of solution so if you insterested send me a message

Magento Community
Magento Community

Esty

Total Posts:  39
Toronto, Canada

I just uploaded a free extension that will save and display the cvv number, plus wipe all credit card information when finished.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/specs/5712/estesolutions_manualccpayment

Currently only for version 1.4.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Banksy

Total Posts:  1

Its obvious and common sense that the CVV code is for security, to ensure that the actual card holder has the credit card in their possesion.

However, for most merchants to be able to process the credit card payment offline, they will need this code.

It’s advisable to not store any credit card information and to delete from the database as soon as possible.

That said, Magento already supports this feature, however they have commented the part of the code that actually stores the CVV code to the database.

The file you need to modify is located here

app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Method/Cc.php

around line 71 look for this piece of code

//$info->setCcCidEnc($info->encrypt($info->getCcCid()));

and change it to

$info->setCcCidEnc($info->encrypt($info->getCcCid()));

After you save the file you will be able to see the CVV code in the admin area

I hope this helps as I was searching for the same solution.

Cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rob W

Total Posts:  6

@Banksy That allows it to store the CVV in the sales_flat_quote_payment table, but doesn’t seem to add it to the sales_flat_order_payment table. Is there any way to make it also save to the correct flat order table?

It’s still not showing up in the admin section for me…

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

chuyivan

@ Banksy

Cant see where in admin view of order does the cvv data appears after making code change???

thank you for your help…

Magento Community
Magento Community

alvarengaricha

Total Posts:  9

I’m currently in the same boat as most of you--I have a client who refuses to use a Gateway Service and wants to manually charge all orders using the terminal inside of his store.

I am currently building his store on 1.5, and the only thing I can find that seems to do what I need is: http://www.upgrademage.com/index.php/display-cvv-code-upgrade-magento/magento-commerce-cvv-module-by-upgrade-magento.html

But apparently this doesn’t work on 1.5...does anyone have a solution that works for them in order to achieve manual CC charges. The only parameter I have to work in are the laws which say that a CVV code MUST be deleted after the CC has been charged.

I was thinking of telling him to simply call customers after orders are placed in order to get their CVV code, but that seems like too much work on his end.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jerryfantastic

I have solved this issue to my satisfaction by writing a little bit of javascript and PHP (less than 50 lines, I promise).

What my solution does is:
1. Capture the CVV and Cardholder Name when the “Place Order” button is clicked.
2. Pass this info via Ajax to a short PHP script which emails it to only you.

ADVANTAGES:
1. The CVV is accessible to you in your email, but is not stored in the Magento database
(thus separating the CVV and credit card number).
2. The customer does not see their CVV in the order confirmation email.
3. It is easy to delete emails (no extension required to dispose of CVVs)
4. Is very simple, so is not dependent on Magento version

STEPS
1. Open:
/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml
(or the equivalent file in your theme folder, if it exists)

Find:
<onclick="review.save();">

Replace above code with:
<onclick="email_cvv(); review.save();">

Find:
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder') ?>’, ‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout-agreements’));

Right underneath this, add:

function email_cvv() {

var name = document.getElementById("ccsave_cc_owner").value;
var code = document.getElementById("ccsave_cc_cid").value;

if (window.XMLHttpRequest)
{
var xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest();
}
else
{
var xmlhttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
}
xmlhttp.open("GET”,"/email_code.php?name=" + name + “&code;=” + code,true);
xmlhttp.send(null);
}

The steps above put the Name and CVV into javascript variables called “name” and “code” and then send these two pieces of information via AJAX to a file “email_code.php” which will be placed in your site’s root directory (eg example.com/email_code.php)

2. Create a new file named email_code.php and write in it:

<?php

$name = $_GET["name"];
$code = $_GET["code"];

mail("sales@example.com", $name . " " . $code, $name . " " . $code);
// replace sales@example.com with the email address you want to send the name and CVV to.

?>

3. Upload this file to your root directory (eg www.example.com/email_code.php)

DONE! When an order is placed, you should now receive an email containing Name and CVV, in addition to any other emails you may receive

Magento Community
Magento Community

gtrance

Hi there,

Can anyone verify if Esty’s free extension solves this problem and does not create any security issues?

We are still looking for a definitve solution for this issue.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

PatrickTT

Total Posts:  22

Banksy - 03 March 2011 11:35 AM

That said, Magento already supports this feature, however they have commented the part of the code that actually stores the CVV code to the database.

The file you need to modify is located here

app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Method/Cc.php

around line 71 look for this piece of code

//$info->setCcCidEnc($info->encrypt($info->getCcCid()));

and change it to

$info->setCcCidEnc($info->encrypt($info->getCcCid()));

After you save the file you will be able to see the CVV code in the admin area

I have made that change but nothing is saving, or displaying or added to the database.

From what I can see, the database doesn’t have a field called cc_cid_enc (adding that field breaks Magento), and the display file at /app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Block/Info/Cc.php doesn’t call the CCID field by default anyway.

I have tried quite a few things which I thought would work but they don’t, does the code you posted actually perform the save or just prepare the data for another function to do the save?

Magento Community
Magento Community

manman

Total Posts:  7

I have purchased the http://upgrademagento.com/index.php/display-cvv-code-upgrade-magento/magento-commerce-cvv-module-by-upgrade-magento.html at $40, I’ve download the files and upload, it came without any manual, it’s not working for me version 1.6.0, I have send email to support, they have reply and send me a new files, upload again still nothing change, also don’t know how to uninstall it, :(

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

nick_n

Total Posts:  12

I had a developer do this for me for just $20.  A true bargain really and very quick service! I highly recommend him.

I had contacted him at gsmagentodev@gmail.com

Drop him an email if it is necessary for you to see the CVV code.  It has helped me out a bunch!

Magento Community
Magento Community

nick_n

Total Posts:  12

Sunlust - 25 November 2008 01:51 AM

hi,

Did anyone manage to figure out a way to store the CVV number?
I got it to show from the admin settings but it’s not storing the data in the order page in my shop.
We need to store this number to process the card manually.

Does anyone know of any tips/info on how to do this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community