Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
SHOWING OFF THE NEW MAGENTO COMMERCE @ ASKTP.COM

buffalokill

Total Posts:  15
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Two things.

1) Peter - Good work. Lets see it when it has a unique design applied to it.

2) Critics -

a) There will always be users who will attempt live sites with beta software. If anything, they might be instrumental in finding bugs for the team. Relax a little.

b) Is this only a forum for advanced programmers and top notch designers? Instead of constantly coming back to ridicule, how about not responding. Try that one on for size, and you may find these posts a bit more scarce. Much like feeding trolls, but to another tune. Besides, didn’t your mother ever teach you “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”? hardly constructive criticism, guys. Lets not make this forum a dread for beginners to post on, for fear of responses like these.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

buffalokill - 18 December 2007 10:57 AM

Two things.

1) Peter - Good work. Lets see it when it has a unique design applied to it.

2) Critics -

a) There will always be users who will attempt live sites with beta software. If anything, they might be instrumental in finding bugs for the team. Relax a little.

b) Is this only a forum for advanced programmers and top notch designers? Instead of constantly coming back to ridicule, how about not responding. Try that one on for size, and you may find these posts a bit more scarce. Much like feeding trolls, but to another tune. Besides, didn’t your mother ever teach you “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”? hardly constructive criticism, guys. Lets not make this forum a dread for beginners to post on, for fear of responses like these.

actually the worst thing about forums are people posting bubbly half-truths to blatant lies about each others work simply because they think a community should be ‘nice’ to each other. while that generally is a good idea, its completely different when someone asks for legitimate feedback on work they’ve done. i’m sorry but if someone posted an awfully coded site with a complete lack of design, then i should hope that someone would be willing to point it out to them rather than saying “hey! good work!”

that encourages nothing but complacency and making people believe their quality of work to be much higher than it actually is.

now if someone posted an actual good site design and is then met with praise, he/she would know they’ve just been given some real and honest feedback.

Magento Community
Magento Community

madhatter

Total Posts:  1

Christ you lot are merciless,
this is my first time on these forums and this thread scared the pants off me , there again I suppose it beats all the pussy footing about I have come to expect on a lot of forums.
just as a note I have just had a flip through the demo’s and boy am I impressed ( for a novice that is )
Derrick

Magento Community
Magento Community

menschie

Total Posts:  3

I really mean no offense, but since you keep posting and wanting more feedback I’ll give my 2 shekelim… it’s really bad dude. As president and CEO of your company I know it’s important to you that you show yourself in the best best possible light so that your visual image communicates trust, quality, and all those good marketing buzz words. To do that I’m afraid that you’re going to have to hire a real designer--as many before me have told you.

All the best to you. I hope you take the advice so that you can eventually come back on here as a magento success story!

Magento Community
Magento Community

smlaci

Total Posts:  122
Bacau

Besides many other stuff that’s already been said, Peter, you need to stop using the software that translates into Romanian. The translation is absolutely hilarious on http://commerce.asktp.com. He’ve had a good laugh here at the office. Best I’ve had in along while.
Seriously now, if you plan to go live on the Romanian market with that site, you’re delivering a baby that’s born dead.
There’s a better chance that the planet explodes than you to sell even $1 worth of merchandise on that site.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2