Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 5
Another Google Base issue - Price vs Sales Price

ladle

Total Posts:  173

We should submit this to the new user roadmap.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dotprkirk

Total Posts:  50

Agreed. This should work. Mapping Special Price to Price or Minimal Price should work. It doesn’t, at least on 1.3.2.3.

Hope it is resolved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

decornmore

Total Posts:  46

Hi,
can someone pls explain to me what is the solution for the special price with google base and magento?
how to do it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

swilliamson

Total Posts:  26

I’m in the same boat and thought I was doing something wrong. This should work OOB.  Come on Varien.  I really don’t want to change all the prices to reflect the discounted price and lose the visual of having a “special price” with the regular price strike through.

Is there no solution to this?  Anywhere?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dr_Frankenstein

Total Posts:  15

Hi everyone

I am using 1.3.1 and this works fine just create a custom attribute in the Google base attributes and link special price to price

Then resubmit the item to base make sure you delete it and send again as using publish won’t update the price

Magento Community
Magento Community

swilliamson

Total Posts:  26

kevin.connor - 30 September 2009 05:17 AM

Dr. Frankenstein, can you say a bit more? I need to map special price to the standard GBase ‘price’ attribute, not create my own custom GBase attribute for special price. I’m not clear on which of these you did; I need to do the former, but it doesn’t work. Can you help?

Thanks!

Same here.  That post actually made no sense as it was written, so yes please do clarify.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Neale

Total Posts:  36

I’m having the same issue - and I also think Dr Frankenstein’s post doesn’t make sense!!

In the absence of anything else I’ve achived what I wanted - for the time being - using the modified gbase.php script here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9401/P120/

Ben

Magento Community
Magento Community

daddyg

Total Posts:  77

I’m having the same problem.  Only my regular prices are being displayed in google base, even if the product has a special price.  I’ve mapped the magento price attribute to the google base price attribute and it’s obviously picking up the regular price.  Can anyone explain how I can get the special prices detected please?

Two other questions…

1) In google base admin area, I listed our company name under Settings->General->Company or organisation name (Required), eg ABC Ltd rather than our website url.  So in the google product search results it just displays ABC Ltd.  I’ve since changed it to display our website url but product search is still showing ABC Ltd.  Any idea how we get google to display the url in the search results?

2) Do we have to resubmit to google base from magento every 30 days to keep our listings active?  If so, is it best to set up a cron job to do this automatically?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Graham

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dr_Frankenstein

Arrgg just wrote a whole post and lost it

Sorry for the late reply but I didn’t have notifications for this thread turned on

See attached for a pic of how I submit special prices to base

It will submit the normal price if you have no figures in the special price field for the product and if the special price field is populated it submits that price instead

I would also recommend using the fix in the thread below to stop it submitting special prices for the wrong products

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/50999/#t189625

Magento Community
Magento Community

daddyg

Thanks very much for that.  That’s a big help.

Can you just explain the Condition in Magento, Condition GB attribute part.  I don’t quite follow that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Matty G

Total Posts:  7

I’m just testing your fix Dr.Frankenstein.

Am I correct that prices in Base will take 24 to 72 hours to update with a new value?

On clicking the google base id link I am taken to a summary of the product in google base with the normal price still displaying.

----

daddyg - 24 January 2010 09:41 AM

Thanks very much for that.  That’s a big help.

Can you just explain the Condition in Magento, Condition GB attribute part.  I don’t quite follow that.

You need a Condition field on all of your products with either New or Used as a value to submit to Google base. Otherwise it will error out.

Description of how to do this here: http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/adding-magento-products-to-google-base/

Magento Community
Magento Community

daddyg

Thanks Dr Frankenstein.  I understand now and will try it out.

Can I ask a few ‘newbie’ Q’s about magento and the google base integration.

Q1) In magento, in catalogue->google base -> manage items, should we add only visible products (ie configurables, not the simple products that make up the configurables) from the available products section into the google base items section?

Q2) Once items are added into the google base items section, do we need to select ‘Publish’ from the drop down menu to get the products listed on GB?

Q3) GB says products automatically become inactive after 30 days.  Do we therefore need to press ‘Publish’ again on all the products before the 30 days is up?  Is it possible to set up a cron job to republish the items from magento every 30 days etc?

Q4) Is there any way to get rid of the annoying captcha that keeps displaying in magento whilst adding products to google base?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Graham

Magento Community
Magento Community

boxer1732

Total Posts:  14

Thanks for the info Dr. Frankenstein!

Daddyg - see http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23675/#t207743 for fix for the captcha login issue

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dr_Frankenstein

No problem, Base should show your unpublished page to preview immediately with the correct price.

Don’t forget to remove the sale price once the sale ends otherwise google will always publish the sale price even if the product is not on sale

What we need next is for it to obey forward dated sale prices, I am having a chinese new year sale that starts on the 14th but if I set my sale products up with a forward dated price base will use this.

Q1) - I am unsure my site currently only uses simple products
Q2) - Once the items are submitted by the magento back end they will be processed and published automatically
Q3) - Its annoying but yes you have to re-submit after 30 days - I have found if you re-publish prior to 30 days without removing everything from base it still expires at 30 days. If you find a way to do this automatically I will buy you a beer.
Q4) I am using 1.3.1 so I am not seeing the captcha

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdsdrillbits

Total Posts:  1

Thanks for the help guys smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community