Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Google Base Item Submission Issue

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

Here is another problem with Google Base API.
After you create create attribute for your google base account and map it with your catalog, then go to Manage items under Google Base. click on view available products, select some products, change action to “Add to Google Base” then click on submit after few minutes, if you don’t get any CAPTCHA another line 27 error, your products will be added to the top section of the page under the “Google Base Items” table. Repeat this until you add couple thousand products to your Google base account. Then go to base.google.com and log in to your account. With my experience I submited approx >4100 products in my Magento catalog. When I checked my Google Base account, there was only 2000 Products submited to Google base! I don’t know what happened to the rest of the products. So, I decided to synchronize my Magento with Google base. I returned to Magento Google base --> Manage items, and I clicked on Synchronize. This synch removed almost all products from my Google Base Item box in magento except for 25 items. When I checked my Google base account directly, there was no change in the number of products and it was still showing ~2000 items in Google base. Back to Magento again and I clicked on Synch for the second time. This time it removed all products from “Google Base Item” table, while there was no change in the original google base account. Adding new products to google base via Magento still adds the number of products in google base.
So, as you can see, this entire Google base API is a mess and it is not working properly.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bonhommie

Total Posts:  60

I have the exact same problem! I only have 69 products, I added them all first time. When i clicked synchronize for the fun of it, it told me it had deleted all but 24 products! In googlebase website, all 69 were still listed. Again, I synched and it re-added all 24 products into googlebase so now i have 100+ products with some as duplicates. Of course in magento backend, it only says i have 24 products in base.
Another issue is, no image link is added and even when I mapped the price, it still doesnt carry over.
help anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

I’m having a problem when syncing where my products lose their URL to the product page. They end up going to some google page which has product information but no checkout options. Anyone have ideas why this might be

Here is an example: http://base.google.com/base/a/4486237/D5704563891691198441

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379

I’m getting this error:

Expected response code 200got 404

Any idea of what am I doing wrong? I have followed video step by step… :-(

Your help is really appreciated in advance. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oeno

Total Posts:  10

I get the same error as Zadpro & bonhommie.

I’m going to try re-installing the google base part of things.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xactrecords

Total Posts:  80

Hey guys and gals.  I get some of the same errors.  However when it does work I noticed google base has some really long number and alpha added to the end of my urls.  for example;

http://scrubshop.me/pink-ribbon-watch.html?SID=QUJQ/75uya3qIZugDNdVCKwMw0mJgKUgHATfyVjgkKk=&___store=scrubshop

not sure why its adding everything after the HTML part.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oeno

Total Posts:  10

@xactrecords to fix the SID (Session ID) string look at my reply in this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10943/

Now when / how can we get this to work… I’ve gone back to turbo1’s gbase.php script for the meanwhile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xactrecords

Total Posts:  80

Oeno,

I am having this issue but could it be because i use multi domains.  For example I have my admin on domain1.com and my store on domain2.com

This setup gives me the SID

I did read your other thread as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379

Upgraded to 1.2.0 with no issues, but this feature still doesn’t work. I’m getting exactly the same error.

Please, if we are doing something wrong, we wil be very happy if anybody of the team can help us. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

All About Doors and Windows

Total Posts:  51
Kansas City, MO USA

Mine is doing the same when I go to edit items for the site that have already been uploaded to Google Base. And it wouldn’t allow me to edit them, so I set Google Base up so it wouldn’t be updated when I update products in the configuration. A workaround for now, but I needed to edit my products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

The Google Base integration is a joke. And I’m not just saying that because my original PHP script actually works. I synchronized the items, and it removed over 5000 products, just like OP said. It left me with 25 total. I’m going back to the gbase.php script, it didn’t cause all this grief.

Magento Community
Magento Community

HumanBeing

Total Posts:  21

I can confirm that gbase.php 90% works with Magento 1.2.1 and with Google Base’s current API.  After generating the feed and manually uploading it to Google Base, 14 of my products were rejected for bad character encoding.  I’m not sure just yet how to handle this, but it looks like a second pass might be needed to sanitize the text and enforce a different character encoding.

And just to clarify the directions, in case it’s not stated elsewhere, the ‘export’ dir should be in the root directory of your Magento store, not the root directory of the server, and it should have group and owner www-data.

Magento Community
Magento Community

HumanBeing

FYI, after I sanitized the character encoding (I had cut & pasted some vendor product descriptions that included strange variants of - and ‘ as well as bullets and (tm) symbols) it works 100% smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

HumanBeing

I spoke too soon.  It’s 95% working.  I noticed that the product URLs all have gbase.php in them, e.g. instead of http://mythic.tv/index.php/antennas/iblast-hdtv-antenna.html I have http://mythic.tv/gbase.php/iblast-hdtv-antenna.html

I have no idea why all the other methods would return the right results, but getProductUrl() ends up returning the php URL plus the final part of the product URL.  Is there some specific place I need to put the script?

Magento Community
Magento Community

pmp613

Total Posts:  4

Hello!  I am suffering w/this problem as well.  Has anyone found/learned/heard anything about this?

Many thanks,
ted

Magento Community
Magento Community

HumanBeing

I ended up post-processing gbase.php’s output to fix the URLs with a sed script.  In the meantime, it looks like 1.3.0 fixes the automatic Google Base sync, so I’m going to give that a shot when I can.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3