Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Anyone working on a quickbooks integration yet? 

brainprod

Total Posts:  2

I suspect it’s only a matter of time before a quickbooks adapter is written for Magento. Is anyone working on one yet, or is the DataFlow module not complete enough? I have an upcoming project that requires integration for simple products, customers (wholesale and retail), orders, and (unless Magento adds it) fulfillment/shipping info.

If you’re working on this or considering it, let me know. I have funding.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

I would be interested as well in a quickbooks integration. We are currently running quickbooks with our company and this would be an important integration to have to fulfill our accounting needs. However, with that said is there another accounting application that Magento is looking at integrating with out of the box? We are considering it so brainpod perhaps we could coordinate efforts and come up with something. I thought though that Magento was working on something out of the box. Any one from Magento have comments on this topic?

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Integration with accounting packages (especially Quickbooks) is very important for us. Hopefully it will be available through the community in the near future.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brainprod

Total Posts:  2

After considering some of the limitations of quickbooks (especially with the number of records), I’m now looking at using Stone Edge Order Manager for order management, fulfillment, receiving, and exporting daily summaries to quickbooks. I would prefer to use Magento for order management and fulfillment, but it doesn’t sound like it will full featured enough with the first release. Although Stone Edge has an ugly interface and is based on Access, it may fill the gap between Magento and Quickbooks nicely until some enterprising members of the community or Varien add more order management, fulfillment, and receiving tools to Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

I’ve looked for some documentation or posts on how you would do order fulfillment with magento. I haven’t come across anything in the blog or forums that discuss how you could fulfill orders with Magento.  Will you need a third party fulfillment software? Will a low level fulfillment options be available with Magento?

Can anyone point me to a thread or information or features up and coming related to how to ship orders with Magento.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

romy

Total Posts:  3

greetings,
i’m close to starting a quickbooks “web connector” integration with magento—just waiting for a bid to be accepted.  the idea would be to have quickbooks “Sales Receipts” imported from magento.  this will require a some things from the magento webserver:  1) valid SSL certificate, 2) SOAP server capability.  please let me know what other requirements/ideas you have and i can try to build it in.
regards,
romy

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

In teh past we have done every individual transaction. However we ran into problems because quickbooks saves each record by name and sometimes it was hard to determine a new customer vs. returning customer. Also the quickbooks database ran out of record space because it is limited in the number of records you can have. Perhaps they have resolved these issues with the newer versions of quickbooks. This was a few years ago that we had these issues.

When you say sales receipt what data are you planning on bringing in? I’m assuming name, address, products w/ quantities, payment method and payment. Will bringing in a sales receipt require an invoice to be created to mak the sales receipt as paid? Is it feasible to have the generated automatically as well? All our web orders are paid in full via credit card, paypal, or google checkout.

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

romy

Total Posts:  3

well, for the project i’m working on now, the “Customer” would just default to “Website” for all web-orders.  this is because, like you said, QB is not good at handling many thousands of customers.  this project is for retail where there are many one-time customers.  creating a QB “Customer” record for each one of these would be silly.  to see what kind of data would be in a QB “Sales Receipt”, just go into QB -> Customers -> Enter Sales Receipts”.

possible fields for this are (header): Customer/Job, Class, Date, Sale No., Sold To, Memo, Due Date, Rep, Ship Date, Ship Via, FOB, more…
and per line item: Item, Description, Qty, Rate, Amount, Tax

romy

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

This sounds like a good approach romy. One of the things we are doing manually for our current ecommerce site (which I’m hoping Magento can fix) is importing all transactions by payment type every day. So for example we would enter all VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Google Checkout, as the customer and then input all the order totals for each for the day. This then helps us match up the statements from all our payment providers on our ecommerce website. Keep me posted on how its going and if I can help at all.

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

I have started the QuickBooks Sync group over in Magento Groups (See Community > Groups then look for my “Welcome...” post in recent posts). Or just click here

Get involved in the project by joining the group, then we’ll begin the discussion of features and such shortly. I will be spreading the word in other threads that have mentioned QuickBooks integration, and I expect to get going here within the first week or so of February.

We can use all of your help, and if you are getting paid by a client for working on it (as a programmer I would assume) then more power to ya, I have no issues with that myself. Those who have extra time available and can provide additional skills such as web programming, problem solving, (maybe some design or HTML/XML creation), testers who have access to QuickBooks and Magento, and even software programming (for a possible web-to-software connector for automated syncing) would be helpful, but the group is wide open for any members to join, and we can use everyone’s ideas and feedback as the project progresses.

I have always felt it important to have QuickBooks integration with Magento, and shortly after I setup the group I found this thread, so I wanted to make sure everyone has a chance to get involved and make their requests know (at the least). So go sign up, then we’ll be in touch with the next steps and plan of action for the project.

See ya there I hope!
Scott

P.S. If you are willing to provide your skills in the project, I will arrange to have Roy send you a free Magento license. Errr, um… just go sign up already! :)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cloudbee

Total Posts:  6

Hi guys, just for your information, there is a connector for Quickbooks available on Cloubee: http://cloudbee.com/magento-talend-component/

I´m more than happy to help you with any issues that may appear.

thanks,
Kairi
kairi @cloudbee dot com

CloudBee Cloud Services Integrations

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

Yes, we should have out Quickbooks integration solution for Magento in the next month or so. You can read more about how that would work on our site: http://www.nchannel.com/connect-quickbooks-pos-2/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community