Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

[SOLVED] issues after upgrading to 1.1.7: grids are no longer clicable to edit record; CMS add page error, Catalog price rules error

hungpvtn2

Total Posts:  52
Melbourne

Hello,
After lots of problems with the upgrade from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 I finally got the core upgraded; unfortunately there are now issues:
1. All grids (CMS pages, Orders, Rules,etc...) is not clickable anymore in Firefox 3.0.4. This means I can not edit records using this browser
2. Catalog price rules; CMS add new page/ Edit page (I guess might be other areas as well): raising error:

Error Submission Form
http://www.mydomain.com/report/?id=-2132474132&s;=admin

Output format is not specifiedPleasespecify "format" key in constructor, or set it using setFormat().
Trace:
#0 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/widget/form/renderer/fieldset/element.phtml(28): Varien_Data_Form_Element_Date->getElementHtml()
#1 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/hsphere/local/...')
#2 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#3 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#4 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#5 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Form/Renderer/Fieldset/Element.php(45): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#6 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/Abstract.php(194): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Form_Renderer_Fieldset_Element->render(Object(Varien_Data_Form_Element_Date))
#7 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/Abstract.php(204): Varien_Data_Form_Element_Abstract->getHtml()
#8 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/Fieldset.php(76): Varien_Data_Form_Element_Abstract->toHtml()
#9 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/widget/form/renderer/fieldset.phtml(34): Varien_Data_Form_Element_Fieldset->getChildrenHtml()
#10 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include('/hsphere/local/...')
#11 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('adminhtml/defau...')
#12 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#13 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()

#39 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_Adminhtml_Cms_PageController->editAction()
#40 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(143): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('edit')
#41 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#42 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#43 /hsphere/local/home/username/mydomain.com/index.php(44): Mage::run()
#44 {main}

Could any body help me please?

Thank you very much
H.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hungpvtn2

Total Posts:  52
Melbourne

Guys, I think I fixed the issues by manually uploading the 2 folders “Adminhtml” in

/app/code/core/Mage/

AND

/app/design

Just overwrite all files & folders. 

It seems to be security issue with the upgrade process as I find out there are many files were missing after the upgrade (even though I have tried to reset all owner/ permissions [0777] for all files & folders and tried to reinstalled few times)

Have been testing some functionalities and they seems to be fine.

I am happy if somebody can tell me fi there is a down side of this work around.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

ill give it a go. i always however do a fresh install so it will be interesting to see if this has any effect.

are you saying catalog price rules work again??

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

nope, doesn’t fix either problems for me..

Magento Community
Magento Community

AndyM

Total Posts:  23

Appears to have worked here also, will report back if i find out otherwise.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seiya

Total Posts:  85
Vienna

@cuchuoi
have tested to reupload this 2 folder and set chmod to 777 for all files it doent worked. Problem is exists.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

My solution might not apply here, seeing as these are problems with default modules. This problem occurred after I installed one of my custom modules and the solution was adding a ‘format’ key to the date fields arrays.

Example

$fieldset->addField('to_date''date', array(

'name'      => 'to_date',

'label'     => Mage::helper('module')->__('To Date'),

'title'     => Mage::helper('module')->__('To Date'),

'image'     => $this->getSkinUrl('images/grid-cal.gif'),
        ));

$fieldset->addField('to_date''date', array(

'name'      => 'to_date',

'label'     => Mage::helper('module')->__('To Date'),

'title'     => Mage::helper('module')->__('To Date'),

'image'     => $this->getSkinUrl('images/grid-cal.gif'),

'format'    => 'Y-m-d',
        ));

Hope it helps someone ^^

Magento Community
Magento Community

tokidoki2005

Total Posts:  2

see my post here for the fix:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23621/

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

still not fixed.
fresh install, then also tried uploading the files manually, chmod 777 etc..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Webgenie911

Total Posts:  10
The Netherlands

'format'    => 'Y-m-d',

This solved my issue! Thanks MageParts!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

caffein

Total Posts:  34

this solved my problem:

taken from: (Thank you)
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/274303/#t376457

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You get this exception:
Output format is not specified. Please, specify “format” key in constructor, or set it using setFormat().
This means that the date is missing the format. Unfortunately you cannot set the format by adding the <format> tag in the field configuration. That field is ignored.

Here is how I did it.
I made a copy of the file lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/Date.php and placed it in app/code/local/Varien/Data/Form/Element/Date.php.
(I don’t know any other method to override a lib class).
Now my new class will be used instead of the one in lib.

Edit this new file and add this method:

function getFormat(){

if (!$this->getData('format')){
        $this
->setData('format''%Y-%m-%d');

}

return $this->getData('format');
}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community