Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

IE6 threw everything off

ommacreative

Total Posts:  3

I need help. I’m a CSS expert, but not at all with PHP. The site looks great in FF, Safari, etc. But both IE6 and 7 are totally out of whack. The left column from the container is shifted up into the header and the navigation won’t even show. The footer is somehow outside of the container div now. I have no idea what is going on. I’ve tried z-index, everything you can think of, over 9 hours of just changing property after property on the conditional style sheets. I’ve picked it apart in firebug to no avail. I’m stuck.

The url is live, it’s http://www.triumphantencounters.com/store

If anyone could take a moment just to look and see what I might be missing, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

A quick way of fixing this would be to edit the iestyles.css file. Editing this file will override the boxes.css file when a user uses IE.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ommacreative

Thanks Vutha. Trust me, I’ve been hacking away at the iestyles and ieminus7 styles for two days straight, I can’t figure out what is wrong in the box model. Firebug doesn’t help much because FF on all platforms works fine, and the windows developer toolbar is showing me what’s there. The problem is the divs are shifting somehow and I can’t find where in the html and xml I can work with the container to find out if there’s a double wrap issue (common in IE) or what.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ommacreative

What I’ve found is that the compare products module is jammed up in the header. And no matter how I tweak positioning or containers, the navigation and the toplinks, like breadcrumbs, are nowhere to be found. Anyone out there seen this before and fixed it?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community