Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t install 7.148 - tried 3 times

kharisma

Total Posts:  67
Australia

I have tried installing Magento using the installer. All the files seem to be there after, but it always says “internal server error” at the end.
When I try running it, the Admin panel has no CSS applied, and the front end has a blank screen.

Also, the admin panel has a few error messages at the top saying “Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of usort().”

Previous versions of Magento on the same server have worked, but this latest one just won’t cooperate. I have completely erased it from the server and uploaded manually, but then it would not complete the installation. Clicking on the button on the “Agreement” screen did nothing.

Each time I install this latest version, there is a major issue. Are all the bugs out of it? I think I’ll just have to delete it and upload for the umpteenth time.

Also, my web host uses MySQL 5.0.16. Is that sufficient for Magento 7.148? Are there any changes to the requirements that might have moved it out of the scope of this web host? I just checked the requirements, and it should all run, so far as I can tell.

------
Make that 4 times now. I just wiped it clean, uploaded the whole thing from scratch, and the admin panel has no formatting, and the front end is a blank page.

?????
What do I do to get this working? go back to version 6??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kharisma

Australia

The error log just refers to a whole lot of ‘missing’ files, mainly because it keeps looking for them in the base folder, not the one it is actually installed in. I am navigating to the folder it is installed in, so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Previous versions of Magento installed ok, so I don’t understand why this one is such a beast. Seems to be a problem for a number of people.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kharisma

Australia

In the end I created another subdomain for this version.

Installing it directly in the base folder seems to be OK but installing it into a sub-folder just seems to cause problems, even when I navigate directly to that folder to install and use it. Can’t think why there’d be a difference since it recognises during installation that it is in a sub-folder.

For now, though, this issue is sorted.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community