Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can you make all products without images not visible? 

starchild

Total Posts:  37

Hi,

I am wondering how to go about sorting all products that have no images applied not visible on the front end.  Is there a way to do this?

This kind of search / filter option would be very handy in admin.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks, S

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eddy7528

Total Posts:  3

I am trying to do the same thing. Did you figure out how to do it?  I have thousand of products, but only about 2/3 of them have images.  I think it is unprofessional to have products without images.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VanGilsWeb

Total Posts:  97

I’m also interested in the answer. Did anyone in the meantime find an answer?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxCom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Belarus, Minsk, Logoisky Trakt 37

Hello,

Try the following solution:

1) First, backup the database’s tables:
catalog_category_product_index
catalog_product_flat_1
catalog_product_flat_2
catalog_product_flat_3

2) Execute 3 queries in your database:

update `catalog_category_product_index`,`catalog_product_flat_1set `catalog_category_product_index`.`visibility` = '1' where `catalog_category_product_index`.`product_id` = `catalog_product_flat_1`.`entity_id` and `catalog_product_flat_1`.`thumbnail` = 'no_selection'

update `catalog_product_enabled_index`,`catalog_product_flat_1set `catalog_product_enabled_index`.`visibility` = '4' where `catalog_product_enabled_index`.`product_id` = `catalog_product_flat_1`.`entity_id` and `catalog_product_flat_1`.`thumbnail` = 'no_selection'

update `catalog_product_flat_1`,`catalog_product_flat_2`,`catalog_product_flat_3set `catalog_product_flat_1`.`visibility` = '4',`catalog_product_flat_2`.`visibility` = '1',`catalog_product_flat_3`.`visibility` = '1' where `catalog_product_flat_1`.`entity_id` = `catalog_product_flat_2`.`entity_id` and `catalog_product_flat_2`.`entity_id` = `catalog_product_flat_3`.`entity_id` and `catalog_product_flat_1`.`thumbnail` = 'no_selection'

Note: it will change the visibility of products without any image to “Not visible individually”.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community