Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal Standard & Magento 1.5.1 - Orders invisible for customers

ottom

Total Posts:  54

Hello,

I am desperate: I have tested the payment without sandbox many times, done a lot of research and it still does not work.
I have configured my store according to this manual: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/3_-_store_setup_and_management/payment/paypal_standard_payments_setup_with_ipn#the_paypal_identity_token

If a customer choses to pay via PayPal he is redirected to PayPal and can pay. I receive his payment. Everything works fine till the return from paypal to the store.

It returns and shows the order number, but it is not linked and it is also not visible for the customer!
I can see the order in the admin menu, but I cannot change its state from “pending payment” to anything else, because in the drop down there is only “pending payment”.
Even if I send an order confirmation to the customer, he receives the link to the customer menu, but the order is not listed there!

Why why why?!!!
I really do not get it… Please help!

Other payment methods like bank payment work fine on the magento side: the order appears in the customer menu, and the state can be changed in the administration menu. But paypal - and by the way other gateways like moneybookers - produce invisible orders for the customer.

I am working with magento 1.5.1.0 community edition.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crapsucks

Total Posts:  2

I guess you run magento on a local host which can not be accessed from paypal host.
As payment in paypal done, paypal will notify your server to continue to process the order.
With local host, paypal can not notify your magento for further process.
Therefore, your order will stay in “pending payment” and will not associate with customers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ottom

Total Posts:  54

This helped a lot, although it was not the reason.
The reason was htaccess passwort protection of the shop. Paypal cannot access any URLs, because of the password protection.

Magento Community
Magento Community

asim_sajjad

Total Posts:  2

Good day!
I has a local magento site having paypal configuration on the base of sandbox account, the issue here is that the order is not visible in the admin panel! Any help pleae…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community