Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Visibility Attribute implementation

duhec

Total Posts:  2

Greetings.

I created new Attribute named product_visibility_type. For each product you can set its value to either A or B.
It should control product visibility in catalog. If it’s set to A, i want the product to be normally shown, but if it is B the product should only be shown if it’s available in stock (qty > 0).

I tought, it would be a good idea to put all code changes into a module, to be able to upgrade magento when needed.
So I created my module, set its etc/config.xml to handle “catalog_product_collection_load_after” event with “my_function($observer)”.
This works, and my function gets executed, but I have no idea how to get to any attributes i need to check with $observer variable.
I am also not sure if this event is appropriate for my needs.

Can anyone describe what should I do or point me into right direction.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Duhec

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community