Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

accessibility skip-to link on demo store

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

Hey, well done Varien!  Great to see what you guys (and girls) have been working on.

Glad to see that you have been making considerations for accessibility (clean xhtml, minimised use of tables, text as text, resizable text, skip-to link, etc.)

While a lot of these aspects are probably more to do with the template that you have developed for the demo store, I’m sure you have had to take them all into account while developing the core system as well.

One little nitpick about the skip-to link; it would be good if it jumped to the main central content on each page. On some pages it doesn’t skip over all the right-column links/navs/tags etc.

I look forward to having a go at developing a theme and see for myself how flexible the system is and what I can achieve.

Cheers,
Ross.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ricardocamps

Total Posts:  2

Hi Ross,

I just cross by your Thread, and I am starting developing a store that need to be accessible.

Did you manage to implement the Accessibility skip-to on a demo store?
Could you share it here?

And if you have any tips of other threads that I could understand and create a store with better accessibility and learn more how to implement it in the magento I would be really glad!!

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community